cost to have a car transported 140 miles

four-wheel-drive

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons here, if the op decided to collect the vehicle on a 4 wheel car trailer that's a few years old then the trailer requires no mot or CE number. That is to say, so long as it "Looked" ok then no-one would stop him and probably do nothing even if they did. :lol: And there's some pretty rough trailers about :yes:

My pop corn has just ran out and a fresh supply is inbound ;)

My take on this situation is.

The vehicle in question has not met the DVSA requirements for roadworthiness (failed it's MOT).

The reasons why have been mentioned in the OP as tyres and brakes.

Simple answer is the vehicle is unroadworthy and if driven to your designated test centre you are liable for prosecution.

Address the problems before driving the vehicle to your designated test centre, the tyres are a simple fix from a mobile tyre fitting company. The brakes are a different matter, my understanding (I may be wrong) is that you can only fail the brake test on the brake tester, it is only an advisory if your pads/shoes/linings are low and not a fail in its own right.

If the OP is still intrested in his post then my recommendation would be to have the vehicle transported and not driven.

Do you have any pals with a suitable vehicle who can town a trailer for you.

Fresh pop corn just arrived :good:

We've done that bit Rod ;p

Tony was right, but then they went and reverted back again in Feb...

Well Of course Mick :D

they never reverted back in feb i had a vehicle done in january and it was tested (passed) on the 7th and expires on the 19th next year,easily checked on gov.co just put bx08 pnv in and ford as the make then you can see for yourselves

I meant to close this earlier but didn't press the button.......

The OP can make of the information given any decision he wishes,

This will never be agreed on as we all have different opinions,

As stated earlier if anyone has information on transport costs can they pm the OP

:shaun: