cost to have a car transported 140 miles

four-wheel-drive

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do take mine, the op said he wanted minimal cost so thats the answer. Its not fraud. Book it in at a kwikfit or somewhere, who gives a **** if some ceo misses out, not me.

Its legal, can that be the end of it, getting bored of my phone beeping to say the same thing over and over...

Kisses

It is still fraud. I don't care how many times you deny it.

I trust that no-one who follows your simplistic advice ever has cause to regret it. In court, I think you will find that the issue will be whether this course of action was reasonable.

Explain how it isnt reasonable? Id say its perfectly reasonable to use an mot station of my choosing, since i am paying. Id say its perfectly reasonable to want my car close to home if it failed and required me to repair it...

I cant think of a single reason for it being unreasonable

If you question whether that course of action is reasonable, there is little hope for you. It is plainly a rather stupid assertion.

I trust no-one ever follows your advice. It will be no consolation in a fatality. It will be seen as the height of stupidity.

I will make no further posts. Your ego might demand that you take advantage of that and have the last word. So be it. It will confirm my thoughts.

Ha I just asked a simple question If you are rite or wrong (lowstandards) I do not now I did think that by law you could book a car in to be MOTd and drive it to the garage and back but I was under the impression that you was expected to take it to a garage that was only a short distance from when the car is not 60+miles away.

Anyway like others have said when you get older you tend to not want to take chances like you did when you was younger and I would sooner spend the money and have it safely transported to my home saving me both time and worry if the car has the stated problems with it who is to say that it has not got other problems and could well break down leaving me stranded this is what we oldies think and worry about so for a few pounds why worry about it.

Agree totally, I took my brothers Evo 8 for mot last week it ran out day before so phoned booked it in and all sorted that simple. Also taking my nieces Peugeot 106 for test tomorrow its been off the road for 5 months so no tax or mot but is insured, my insurance covers me to drive aoc so won't be a problem there either.

Surely the other car has to be insured to someone though. It does on most policies

Im fully aware if you know a car is unroadworthy do not drive it, the same as you wouldnt youre own car, but and its really starting to **** me off now, its is in now way illegal for me to buy a car at john ogroats and drive it to lands end to my prefered mot station!

It doesnt matter how old you are, the law is the law

End of!

Whatever I might be, I am right. Your advice is stupid - full stop. You are clueless as to the legal minefield your suggestions might lead members into.

Your petty insults serve to prove just how limited you really are. I accept there might be differing opinions, but you persist when you are clearly out of your depth.

People following your simplistic advice would do well to consult their insurers before driving such a vehicle. Some, following your naïve advice, would probably not do so. I wonder why.

Low Standards by name - low standards when it comes to education.

The distance is purely DVLA advice - it is not binding on Insurers.

Interesting that only part of the advice given is quoted. Other Police personnel would give them a ticket and let a court decide what is reasonable.

Edited by Gordon R

Thing is i dont need to win an internet argument, especially when i have experienced the situation and a very simple google of the directgov website and a check of your insurance docs (i know the words are small and long, maybe get an adult to read them for you) will prove my point

Night my loves...

I have just read every post on this thread, Low standards is spot on in all he says regarding the legal aspects of moving the car the way he says.

The car needs insurance or a dealer to drive it for you on his insurance.

It needs to be booked into an Mot station one near your own home is fine and you have a good reason to book it in local to you because you dont know of any mOT stations where the car is from, Dont have any failiure info documentation on you when you are bringing it home.

If its Booked in at your local MOT station if you are stoped or latter challenged as to why the car was on the road when you brought it home you have ligitimate reason to be driving it when and where you were its that simple, distance is no object and as i said booking it local to you is an obvious one and no police officere could challenge it at any level or siese the car in such circumstances.

Now one thing i will say is personaly i would get to know what tyres are warn or unsafe exactly, and i would get some legal wheels for that car if i could and fit them before moving it on a public road, or remove the offending wheels and take them to a pre determined tyre firm and have new tyres fitted, you will need them ultimatly any way.

DO NOT drive the car to a tyre centre, this would be illegal and put you in a possition of potential prosicution.

As for the brake linings, im guess ing the tester looked saw the brake pads were a bit low, and decided they wanted changing before he would give it a test, the brakes could well be totaly safe for even several thousand miles so that aspect i would not even trouble myself about, if a brief check proved they acctualy worked ok.

Totaly legal in every respect to move the car in this way, and if you are really paranoid get some one with trade plates to move it home for you. Many local old esstablished repair shops have trade plates its just another option if you dont want to insure the car yourself just yet.