TV recommendations

rimfire4969

I am told we need a new TV, 55 inch 4k ultra something. It must be able to get Amazon prime and Netflix easy and we use Sky if that helps.

I have looked at so many review sites and I am just going around in circles. Very soon I will just pick anyone and to be sure it will be ****. Budget about £800 max.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Or head into richer sounds, the staff in there are actually helpful and try and make sure you leave with the best product for you rather than the most expensive, if they're on commission you wouldn't know it.

Noooooooooooooo! Don't give any money to Richer Sounds. Julian Richer is a rabid anti!

Hang on, HDR is just around the corner and will change the game - this is why so many telly deals are around at the moment as they clear the decks

I've seen industry demos of 4K HDR and it is pant wettingly good!

There is little 4K to watch without streaming (and most of that is animals in a tree or beach scenes) so buy what you want now and don't worry too much.

Bought a Sony bravia 55KDX (55inch) a while back from Currys. Paid 1k for it but now down to £800. Smart TV so has Netflix, Prime TV and so on, as well as HD satellite built in. 3d, though never use that and is also 4k - some Netflix content is 4k. I did a bit if research beforehand and would recommend.

Yes got one of those, 4k. 3d, smart TV, brilliant, superb picture, great sound, easy to set up and use!

I used to deliver and install them so I knew which I wanted only £550 free next day delivery when they used to charge you when I worked for them.

Edited by lurchers

Samsung or LG.

Try and view one which is properly calibrated. A lot of new TV's look like fall out from the holocaust out of the box, usually with far too much brightness and contrast.

Definitely,

There are the correct calibration settings for most tv's on the net.

I did mine when I got and though christ, this picture is ****! But it's an industry standard and that's how it's supposed to look. Doesn't take too long to get used to new settings.