correct hight for E.S.K. targets

claytav

how is english skeet set up?

English Skeet requires two fixed traps set in 'Skeet Houses'. The 'High House' throws targets from 3m above ground level and the 'Low House' throws them from 1m above ground level.

There are seven shooting stands (stations) set in a semi-circle with targets set to travel 50m-52m and cross over 19.2m directly in front of station four.

Don't have a clue if this helps

http://home.freeuk.com/rules4shooting/skeetrules.htm

Says the clays must pass within 45 cm of the crossing point which means a radius I assume so the hoop is 900 mm or 90 cm in diameter. ( pretty close to the 3 foot for the other disciplines ). The crossing point is 4.57m above the ground so you need a post 4120 mm high with a 900 mm hoop sticky taped edge on to the top of it!

If both clays fly through that hoop and the springs throw them 50 to 52m you are sorted.

Of course you could get really technical and start to ask what the definition of 'within 45cm of the crossing point'. Is that measured to the centre of the clay? To the inner edge, the outer edge?

These terms are not defined in the CPSA rules which is an ommision that I find surprising. If you are using a 900mm hoop then you are saying that the entire clay must be within 450mm of the crossing point. If you measure to the centre of the clay then strictly speaking the hoop should be 450mm plus half the diameter of a standard clay so another 55mm. So the hoop could be interpreted as being 900mm, 955mm or 1010 mm in diameter!

One hopes that the CPSA will add a definition of the hoop to the rules at some point!

Northall has just got their clay layout working again and the clays cross so close to each other that simultaneous breaks and collisions are common!

Edited by Nimbusgb

So its a pole 4120mm high with a hoop measuring 900mm diameter, thats brilliant . thanks a lot lads much appreciated.

Just be careful when using it ! I once got quite a bad cut on my head from a piece of clay after it shattered off the edge of the hoop.