Nice day on the stubble

muncher

I have been keeping an eye on a field of rape stubble that I hoped would produce a bag before its ripped up ,on Friday was the first time I had seen any numbers on there ,so decided to shoot it Saturday. I had promised Wigeon man a go at some woodies so after a chat on the phone he said I can come but I have to leave a bit early. Got to field quite early and was amazed to put of best part of 500 plus, my side kick arrived like the proverbial bad penny . I had set up a hide for us with a rotary to our right and a few dead birds out in front . the first birds came quite nicely and we thought this could be good but then they started to shy away ,the rotary was up and down all day some, times it worked ,then it didn't so we were mainly flighting them and they were very had work and made us look very ordinary at times but Motty and Brad pulled of some amazing shots . Brad had to leave around Half four ,and we continued until 6 with 223 on the clicker

.WP_20160730_19_06_56_Pro%201_zpsa2lhgy2h

Edited by muncher

I pulled off some amazing shots? Can't remember you saying that earlier!

There were some very tall birds shot by all, along with a good few others that were missed.

It was some of the most challenging shooting I have had for a while. It also made up for the slightly disappointing 65 we shot yesterday.

Edited by motty

Thoroughly enjoyed the shooting..... And the banter! thanks again mate for a cracking do.....

As muncher said the birds did make us work for them, and I think we pushed those steel loads to the max, but very satisfying to connect with some strong flighting birds and add to the variety of shots. Motty was slightly off the line, but pulled off some great shots including an eye wiper! G turned up to show us the way with a pump gun and a little dog training, so a very enjoyable way to spend a day in good company. Roll on duck season