Twist rate

bullet1747

CZ 527 twist rates varied between older and newer models. I think the later ones were a 1:9 twist. You can check yourself by marking a cleaning rod with tape wound around it with a 12 inch interval. Put a nylon brush or dry patch and jag onto the end, and pass t through the barrel. If you put an ink mark on the rear tape, just count the number of revolutions as the rod passes through 12 inches.

You really will not know until you try it. Barrels are female, they like some things and dislike others but with no reasoning. Get up to 1-14 and you may struggle to stabilize the heavier ones but I would lay odds the barrel will shoot them OK. By the way I have shot that model rifle and itwas a tack driver, great calibre as well and will still do the job. What are you looking at 60gr, if so the V Max is a good bullet and I have shot a lot of roe with the 60gr Nosler Partition if you can still get them in the UK.

Well I've had a bash the barrel is 600 mm I recon it's a 1.12 twist does this sound about right and is this ok for the heavier grained bullet

My old 527 (.223) was a 1/12 twist and it shot up to 60gr ok but struggled above that to stabilise anything heavier.

You really will not know until you try it. Barrels are female, they like some things and dislike others but with no reasoning. Get up to 1-14 and you may struggle to stabilize the heavier ones but I would lay odds the barrel will shoot them OK. By the way I have shot that model rifle and itwas a tack driver, great calibre as well and will still do the job. What are you looking at 60gr, if so the V Max is a good bullet and I have shot a lot of roe with the 60gr Nosler Partition if you can still get them in the UK.

My old 527 (.223) was a 1/12 twist and it shot up to 60gr ok but struggled above that to stabilise anything heavier.

Cheers guys

I put ten rounds through it this after took three to zero and seven in a ten pence size (95) metres well impressed , I've shot thousands off rounds in the forces SLR and SA80 , can't remember them being as loud and kick lol must be getting old , all though in a funny way was getting turned on ha ha , used federal hi power 50'grain