Very Early Success

6.5x55SE

4.15am this morning saw me doing one of my least favourite pastimes sitting in a High Seat. I was do to it being the first morning of the season also to clear any obstructing rubbish and to check how the Fallow had done with their breeding.

4.25am I heard what I thought was a Badger coming around the edge of the Oat's Wrong as first a White Pricket then a Normal coloured Fallow Pricket walked within inches of my high seat Turning my scope magnification down I put a Barnes LRX 127gr through the Atlas joint of the White Pricket the other startled Pricket ran the grand distance of 60yrd stopped turned staring in my direction through my scope I saw the effects of a Barnes LRX smashing into the Pricket's Adam's Apple.

Checking Both Deer I trimmed the obstructing rubbish loaded both Deer and was on my way by 4.45am to check for any more Fallow. Seeing 40+ Doe's with young would suggest the Fallow have bred well.

Roll first the Fallow Rut then November for the start of the Doe season

I was out yesterday , no luck though . See quite a few but the ones I could get to there was no bucks , and were I couldn't get all I could see was the tops of there heads as they walked through the beans onto the neighbours land ..they'll be another day though !

I was out yesterday , no luck though . See quite a few but the ones I could get to there was no bucks , and were I couldn't get all I could see was the tops of there heads as they walked through the beans onto the neighbours land ..they'll be another day though !

Unlucky mate I'm sure it will come good for you.

Unfortunately the land owner where I was no longer grows Beans due to Deer damage in the past.

Over the years I've had great success with Pricket's and Bucks in Beans. Not that I wish to shoot Mature fully Palmated Buck but they do have the crafty nack of laying low in the Beans before it gets light then rising just as the light is lost to shoot in the evening