6 medium tomatoes thinly sliced

1 cucumber peeled,and de-seeded also thinly sliced

1 cantaloupe melon de- seeded and peeled thinly sliced

Flat leaf parsley and coriander finely chopped

4 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil

2 table spoon of good quality Balsamic vinegar

6 pigeon breasts thinly sliced.

Method

Flash fry the pigeon on a very hot pan. 1 minutes in a little oil. Take them out and wrap in foil.

Discard the oil from the pan, and clean.while the pigeon Is resting layer up the rest of your your ingredients on a large oval plate.

Next with your clean pan add your other ingredients and gently heat for about 1 minute. Add salt and white pepper to taste

Scatter the pigeon on top of your layered ingredients.

Now drizzle Your warm, olive oil,Balsamic, herb dressing onto the plate. And enjoy.

Edited by neil w

MMMmmmmmmmmm!!! that reads good.

I tend to hot smoke pigeon breast, having marinading them for 48hrs in cider or beer (Old Peculiar is good and you only need 1/3rd bottle :-) )

big tablespoon of maple syrup and handful of mixed herbs and sea salt / black pepper. Turn them over in the mixture a few times and keep in the fridge. My friend In Louisiana, USA sends me some 'additives' they use and before I put them in the smoker, I roll the breasts around in this covering all sides. Didn't mention the breast are off the bone. I have a smoker I made from a 45 gallon drum and it has a large container slung under the cooking rack into which I can put water which keeps the meat moist. Charcoal in the bottom and some 2 inch limps of apple/plum/cherry/oak whatever I have handy soaked in water for 30 mins on top of the hot coals and shut the lid. Give it about an hour to hour and half and they will be done. These breast are superb, cold, sliced very thin as 'nibbles' with a glass of sparkling stuff, not that French garbage, when friends come round for supper. Very little left.