Flipping flapper...

Yep, understand that completely, just looking for opinions, so far I think it's 50/50 whether it helps or hinders. Not shot at over my permission but ones either side get a fair bit of pressure.

I have had good success recently using flappers in conjunction with magnets, but this has generally been in areas where the birds are not over pressured.

I sat between two fields of rape stubble last night, 2 flappers in one and the magnet in the other with lots of decoys out as well, most birds turned away from the flappers but came in well to the magnet side, I tried them out together in the same pattern but birds were turning away at 80 to 100 yards , once I took away the flappers they started coming again, sadly rain stopped play after just 90 minutes but a decent 18 picked made it worth it as well as getting some interesting reactions from the birds.

I have had great success with flappers on poles in standing crop but prefer the magnet over stubble or young crops as a general rule.

I think its more important to get a good pattern out that looks natural to incoming birds, good decoys and correct placement makes all the difference.

I remember watching a film about an old bloke who just had a few dead birds out in front of the hide and whenever he saw a bird approaching he would throw a dead pigeon into the air so it landed in the pattern, It worked a treat and in the days when there were no magnets or flappers it was a good way to get some movement into the pattern.

If you think something would work give it a try, what have you got to lose?

As long as you tell us all if you get worthwhile results. :lol::lol:

I sat between two fields of rape stubble last night, 2 flappers in one and the magnet in the other with lots of decoys out as well, most birds turned away from the flappers but came in well to the magnet side, I tried them out together in the same pattern but birds were turning away at 80 to 100 yards , once I took away the flappers they started coming again, sadly rain stopped play after just 90 minutes but a decent 18 picked made it worth it as well as getting some interesting reactions from the birds.

I have had great success with flappers on poles in standing crop but prefer the magnet over stubble or young crops as a general rule.

I think its more important to get a good pattern out that looks natural to incoming birds, good decoys and correct placement makes all the difference.

I remember watching a film about an old bloke who just had a few dead birds out in front of the hide and whenever he saw a bird approaching he would throw a dead pigeon into the air so it landed in the pattern, It worked a treat and in the days when there were no magnets or flappers it was a good way to get some movement into the pattern.

If you think something would work give it a try, what have you got to lose?

As long as you tell us all if you get worthwhile results. :lol::lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OrCrQrtJNc. That old bloke would have been Archie Coates

great piece of kit know for a fact I shoot more pigeons using one than not, trial and error mate it will come right some pigeons will flare off no matter what that's the nature of the woody. I tend to put mine near the front of the pattern with about six decoys close by works for me.