GOPRO TYPE CAMERAS????

bazzab

Look at sj7000, I bought one for my recent holiday for use in the pool and it was fantastic for 30 odd quid. It came with waterproof case and loads of attachments. I'm sure it's probably not as good as a go pro but for that kinda money it served it's purpose really well. It's full HD.

It does have quite a wide field of view so not sure how shooting videos would turn out but for want I used it for it was great, also at that money I was happy to let my 6 year old run around with it. Not sure I would with a go pro

Lots of videos on you tube of footage from sj7000

I was going to go for the Gitup git2 as it has loads of great reviews from a sub £100 camera.

I ended up going for the gopro hero4 silver though.

Don`t ask me why, as I haven`t a Scooby about them ;o)....I may still get the gitup as it has a gyro stabilisation chip for smooth footage.

Of ALL places! Maplin! I was in there the other day and saw a go pro type action camera and they had the TV above it with actual play back! I was most impressed! Sports vid on motorcyles, cycling, and other high speed scenarios were all played back in very good definition. The cost started at about £60 to £100 for the top one!

The first question is what do you want it for? I have used the GoPro cameras a lot for my fishing and diving antics. As someone else said, they have wide angle lenses so something a little way away is going to seem like it's a lot further away on playback! Also, battery time is quite limited. Having said that, they are probably the best of the bunch and have the price tag to match. GoPro should be releasing their new model in the next few months, so it might be worth waiting if you can. Even if you don't want the most up-to-date, prices will fall on the current models.

To take shooting for pics and video.

For attaching to cars etc. For water too.

Think I'm going to try the sj7000. At that price I won't expect full HD but will give me a good indication of how much I'll use one.

It is full HD. As said low level light is not great but for 30 quid it's worth a punt

I have an sj4000 and vouch for the quality. I can only assume the sj7000 is at least as good. Great price too.

The field of view is wide but perfectly usable. Although I bought mine for shooting and hill walking, I used it on a family holiday recently. Even my wife was impressed with the results.

i looked at these for mountain biking and opted for the gopro (the new one is about £100 I think), my choice was made due to the quality when going between low light and bright sunshine (in and out of forest and going between trails), from the videos I watched the gopro seemed to handle it a lot better, if you're using is when there isn't a sudden variation in light then the cheaper ones are pretty much as good quality