Pinewood Advantage Rotary - Tripod Wanted

Crackers

Hi Fellas,

I'm after a Pinewood tripod to fit my Mkii Advantage Rotary but Roland has none in stock and no expected re-stock date.

If anyone has one that they would like to sell, I'd be interested. Also, very happy to hear of any DIY ways you may have come up with to achieve the same result.

Cheers!

I made a 'base' from a childs aluminium stilt that I got from a car boot. I removed the end rubber and inserted a piece of 22mm copper pipe which I had flattened and cut to a point and then soldered. I stamp the point into the ground until the footrest sits on the ground, this prevents the base from spinning. I then have 4 x 2 mtr. lengths of para cord which is fastened to the pole with a cable tie. The base is stamped into the ground, the para cords stretch out and are fixed to tent pegs, giving stability. A similar motor to the pinewood is then fixed to the top with 2 jubilee clips around both pole and motor. Job done and it weighs under 1/2lbs. Oh, and the pole is already adjustable from around 1/2 to 1 1/2 mtr. high. Hope this helps.

Edited by Westley

I have the adjustable "collar" that fits on the Pinewood Advantage, but I don't have the three legs that screw into it (I use them on something else).

Is this the part you mean ?

EDIT NOTE: I have found the three screw in legs.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED PM ME.