What size bait pump?

harrycatcat1

There`s a bargain on Ebay at the moment 86 left. Ebay item number 291154318956.

Expander pellet pump. You get 2 x Vacuum Containers 1 x 400ml. 1 x 700ml. 1 x Pump. For £3.99. Free p&p

I use mine for Expander pellets. Boilies. And small feeder pellets. And sucking extra flavour into the pellets.

All the vac pump dose is suck some air out of the pellets and pull water or flavour into the pellets so they sink.

This makes them softer so you can hook them direct. Or Hair Rig them. I use pellet bands a lot. Better Presentation.

I have just seen some of your old post and what you are looking for is a suction pump for sandworms ect.

For sea fishing bait. They are like a bike pump. Stainless steel is the best but expensive.

The problem is every time you suck a sandworm up you suck a load of sand up has well.

Very abrasive and will damage seals.

You have to keep washing the pump out with water to try and wash the sand out.

Tight lines.

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

my friend and i have just purchased Alvey 30 mm pumps from Veals Tackle, we used them for the first time and collected plenty of lug worm, far easier than digging, well pleased with our purchases, lots of people prefer 30 instead of 50mm. a word of warning, my friend originaly purchased a cheaper one from ebay,the stainless tube was not seamless and the sharp seam inside cut the seals to shreds,that was £40 wasted.

I made one once out of some 22mm copper pipe, a few fittings and some threaded rod which I encased in some plastic tubing to help agai st the corrosive effect of sea water. I used a suitably sized rubber washer sandwiched between 2 stainless steel washers and fixed them to the rod with a couple o5d stainless nuts. It worked well. Used to pump my own lug.

Either 22mm or 28mm will be fine. There is a bit of a knack to using them though. It kind of works back to front so rather than sucking things up you actually need to push the outer tube down whilst pulling the middle bit up. In reality the middle bit stays pretty much where you started as the tube sinks in to the sand. You then pull the pump clear of the sand and eject the contents on to the surface in front. You won't get a worm every time but probably 60 to 70 %. It sounds confusing but you'll soon get the hang of it.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...