Road Rage - what would you do?

djrwood

I understand and I'm not into. It's not the garage owners fault and I wouldn't want to affect how he feeds his family just because he employs a bell!

A different stage in life and id be reacting differently

I think u are right not the garage owners fault, but i think i would have a word with him.

In the past (esp in a small community if u 100% know the driver) i would wait a few months or longer and catch up with him some nite when no one else is about. And teach him some manners, i've had my gun tickets since i was a young boy and its never stopped me from things like that, but then again those where different times and polis would generally turn a blind eye

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop him dead in his tracks:

Go to the Police, it could be someone else next week.

Violence would be treated with some very strong words to him by the Police..

He is one hell of a coward talking to a women like that,,..

I presume you have guns,, Dropping him will come back to haunt only You..

Never stopped me several times,,But I think I was in my rights both times..

Bloody jail Birds both,,So probably got looked on as a favour to society,I think so..

Very sorry to hear it anyway mate,,Lets hope Jonty is in the Next car....

It will happen..!!.

So she flipped him the finger , doesn't make it right to confront her and offer to FIGHT a women never mind a pregnant women , I've been flipped the finger never chanced them and offered them a fight ,

These people are scum and bullies and need dealing with in the correct manner

A few months ago I had a road incident with a woman. I had turned left into a side road and inadvertently put the car (new to me and getting used to it) into 3rd gear and it stalled within 10 or 15 meters of the junction. I had no time to make any indication as to why I stopped quickly and without warning. The woman in question had also turned into the same side road immediately behind me and was on my boot. I quickly restarted the car and motored away but said woman tried to overtake as I was accelerating away, it was up hill and she failed. We both stopped at a nearby post office and I tried to explain to her what had happened when she passed comment on my age and that I should have known better. I am 64 she was about 30. I could easily have made comments on her weight, she was about 25 stone, but I decided not to for fear of offending her and risking my life.

Edited by B25Modelman

bazzab - it is an offence.

The offence is created by section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986. Section 5(1) provides:
"(1) A person is guilty of an offence if he: (a) uses threatening [or abusive] words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or(b) displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening [or abusive],within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby."

The best course of action is to forget it happened. The bloke may be a scrote but look at how he may report his side to the police?

"I was in a line of traffic with other vehicles filtering from the right, this car tried to push in out of turn and nearly hit me so I flashed my lights, the other driver then gave me the middle finger!"

How does that look?

Ok, he confronted a woman, that was wrong, did he know she was expecting? Can you tell if a woman is pregnant if you only see her briefly through a car window? Just head and shoulders? if it was some dopey blonde bimbo he shouted at, most of us would agree!

6 of one, half a dozen of the other, just let it drop and don't look for aggro, it isn't worth it.

bazzab - you need to read more carefully.

The offence is created by section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986. Section 5(1) provides:
"(1) A person is guilty of an offence if he: (a) uses threatening [or abusive] words or behaviour, or disorderly behaviour, or(b) displays any writing, sign or other visible representation which is threatening [or abusive],within the hearing or sight of a person likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress thereby."

Edited by Gordon R

There is a lesson in this for everyone...... No witnesses, no film footage, his work against hers. No damage or injury just huffing and puffing and upset. Move on and plan for the new baby.

I had a bus driver deliberately pull out - oncoming- into my carriageway to block me as he was miffed at having to wait between parked cars. He was clearly frustrated at the traffic flow coming against him and he should have waited. Because he gave me some loads of attitude and felt he was bigger than me - bus to car- I simply reported him to his employers and hope they review the footage that busses record. No road rage but I thought professional drivers need to be told from their bosses if they overstep the mark. I use busses and understand their frustrations but that is still no excuse for bad driving.

bazzab - you do not know the law. I have seen someone pulled for this on a TV programme, I can read the law and have personal experience of this very offence, so please don't persist with your folly.

You can write "end of" as much as you like, but you will still be wrong.

I've not read any further than the original post so I've no idea how this thread has gone.

It's doubtful the police will be able to do anything if there are no witnesses or cctv to support the allegation. It's not that they don't want to help it's because one persons word against another's normally always results in no further action, even if he's arrested. The classification of crime also in no way matches how upset your wife is or how angry you are. It's a public order type offence which is nothing more than a caution normally unless they've been done loads of times for similar, pretty useless eh.

Only you know your intentions, don't tell anyone at all what they are.

Edited by Muddy Funker

Laws are only for the law abiding, and we are the law abiding and as such we're one nil down to start with when dealing with scrotes.

It reminds me I need to get traffic cams - but I want a decent 360 degree one. I digress.

Anyone that feels the need to get out of their car over a bit of driving is someone who needs reporting to the old bill.

And if anyone ever wanted to get their own back in any situation the smart money would be to not breathe a word of it on here first.

My immediate thoughts are that if this chap spat in your wife's face (her word against his) then the old bill would be interested. Also he would have to fess up to getting out of his car to rage against and threaten a pregnant woman but then argue that he didn't spit in her face.

Edited by Mungler

bazzab - you do not know the law. I have seen someone pulled for this on a TV programme, I can read the law and have personal experience of this very offence, so please don't persist with your folly.

You can write "end of" as much as you like, but you will still be wrong.

Listen.... you do not how I make my living.... you do not know me fella.... I know the law far better than you think... for reasons you do not know.... I have personal experience of this very offence more than you will ever imagine......

Oh hang on you've seen it on the tele... I stand corrected then....

Persist with my folly haha that did make me giggle.....

Edited by bazzab

bazzab - What exactly is all this "listen" garbage? You do not know how I make my living. If you are in the Police, you really need to brush up on the law. If you are a solicitor - you are a poor one.

Forget the televised incident, I have had personal experience of the matter.

I trust your knowledge of the law is better than your spelling and grammar. Go back and re-read the law. Just because you don't think it is likely doesn't mean it isn't illegal. Barrack-room lawyers - love them. :lol::lol: :lol:

I've not read any further than the original post so I've no idea how this thread has gone.

It's doubtful the police will be able to do anything if there are no witnesses or cctv to support the allegation. It's not that they don't want to help it's because one persons word against another's normally always results in no further action, even if he's arrested. The classification of crime also in no way matches how upset your wife is or how angry you are. It's a public order type offence which is nothing more than a caution normally unless they've been done loads of times for similar, pretty useless eh.

Only you know your intentions, don't tell anyone at all what they are.

This.

Laws are only for the law abiding, and we are the law abiding and as such we're one nil down to start with when dealing with scrotes.

It reminds me I need to get traffic cams - but I want a decent 360 degree one. I digress.

Anyone that feels the need to get out of their car over a bit of driving is someone who needs reporting to the old bill.

And if anyone ever wanted to get their own back in any situation the smart money would be to not breathe a word of it on here first.

My immediate thoughts are that if this chap spat in your wife's face (her word against his) then the old bill would be interested. Also he would have to fess up to getting out of his car to rage against and threaten a pregnant woman but then argue that he didn't spit in her face.

And this.