How low can someone stoop?

steve_b_wales

After losing my son 13 years ago,(he was 14 years old) his school had a collection and purchased a metal bench with his name inscribed on a plaque, attached to it.The bench was placed near his gravestone. Throughout the years, I have maintained the bench by cleaning it, painting it and generally keeping weeds away all around it. Not long after he passed away, I came across a resin Jack Russell dog 'statue' which actually looked like his/my dog 'Cas'. My father added a bit of brown paint to the all white statue to make it look more like her. This was then attached to a wooden block and placed under the bench, and has remained there for the past 13 years. That is until recently. My mother has informed me that it's been stolen by some low life. It has no monetary value at all, but means a lot to myself and my family. I can't believe (well actually I can) how someone can do such a thing. I have mentioned this on our local section on Facebook, and you can imagine what people have been saying about it. I doubt very much that I will get it back though. And even if I could buy another one, it wouldn't be the same.

As a youngster in my teens, I did a few things 'wrong' and was no angel, but I never stole off anyone, never vandalised anything, and certainly did not steal anything from cemeteries.

So sorry for your loss - my only hope is that whoever picked up the "statue" perhaps thought that it had just been left there by mistake but, in my heart of hearts, it was more likely to be some waste of oxygen that will never know better - here's hoping you find it :/ .

The 'statue' was placed underneath the centre of the bench and had coloured pebbles placed around it, so anyone could see that it wasn't just left there. Local people who have responded via Facebook are going to keep a look out for it, but it's probably been thrown over the hedge or destroyed. Apparently, there's been a few incidents where damage has been caused, or items have been stolen from the cemetery, but nothing has been done.

Just a suggestion........Is the bench in a cemetery? If so ask at the office, sometimes cemetery officials/staff will remove such items as "unauthorised decorations".....I understand it going missing is very distressing for you and I hope you get to the bottom of it!

Just a suggestion........Is the bench in a cemetery? If so ask at the office, sometimes cemetery officials/staff will remove such items as "unauthorised decorations".....I understand it going missing is very distressing for you and I hope you get to the bottom of it!

I understand where you are coming from. A few large ornaments etc have been removed from gravestones /benches. The one I placed was under my son's bench, and, technically, the ground underneath it belongs to my family, as we bought the plot to put the bench on. The council workers vary rarely go around the grounds , and the ornament has been there for the past 13 years without any problems. It's down to some scumbag pinching it!

Steve, I am sadened by loss of your dog memorial, have you had a wander around the graveyard to see if it has been discarded by the lowlife who took it?

We've had a look around the area, and also behind the bench, which leads onto farmland covered in bushes. I'll have a better look when I go up there one day this week.

Keep spreading in the local area Steve, Facebook is very good for this. Someone eventually will know who it is.

I hope they get everything they deserve! Hope your alright Steve mate.

I will do mate, and I hope the person get's what he/she deserves. I'm not heartbroken over it, more bloody annoyed at how could this happen.

Hope you get it back Steve. It's another sign of the times we're living in. There's always been a minority element in this country that haven't been brought up in a proper way but the influx of people who are coming into our country nowadays have a completely different mind set to us ergo swans and big carp being roasted on the bankside etc. sometimes it's dog eat dog where they come from. Don't know what the answer is but I know it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Hope you get it back Steve. It's another sign of the times we're living in. There's always been a minority element in this country that haven't been brought up in a proper way but the influx of people who are coming into our country nowadays have a completely different mind set to us ergo swans and big carp being roasted on the bankside etc. sometimes it's dog eat dog where they come from. Don't know what the answer is but I know it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

This act is down to local yobs, not because of the 'influx of people coming into our country', as you quoted. At present, these people do not live anywhere near my home town.

Unbelievable. I wonder what actually drives them to do something like that and what they get out of it. Would love to sit the person who did it down and ask him why exactly did you do it. Their answer would probably be a shrug of their shoulders and a 'I dunno' or 'it was funnayyyy'. Hope you get it back and culprit dealt with.

This act is down to local yobs, not because of the 'influx of people coming into our country', as you quoted. At present, these people do not live anywhere near my home town.

There's always someone looking to blame incomers, my gran had her grave vandalised about 20 years ago had the headstone smashed along with about a dozen others. Turns out it was local kids from a nearby estate. Yobs showing zero respect isn't a new thing it's gone on for years.

Let's hope it is kids, and the parents of these kids( who are lucky that there kids are still with them) give them a clip around the earhole and make them return it,

It's not right , but kids will be kids mate,

If it's adults( or kids/youths) they should now better and they are nowt but toerags of the lowest order

Tab

Flynny

Edited by flynny