Crow shooting

ollie

Great vid Ollie mate and some beautiful surroundings you have there 👍

Atvb Dave

Thanks mate.

I enjoyed that, thanks for posting.

Where there always pigeon decoys on the rotary, or were they crows in the first video ?

No there was dead pigeons on the rotary on both occasions as there was pigeons in the area both times.

I've always believed that crows on the rotary doesn't work???

Nice shooting Ollie. Do you get good kills with those shells? I generally use heavier - 32g 6s or 5s on crows.

I went out last week and got 29. Am out again tomorrow. You've reminded me to dig out the camera.

Keep up the good work!

Well al how are you keeping? I've got another 2 outings to turn into video, just can't find the time to edit the footage.

I do generally get good kills with clay shells, but I must say I keep the ranges sensible.

Hope to see a video from you soon.

enjoyed,thanks for posting..some good shooting :good:

Thanks for watching.

I have found rooks and crows to shy away from pigeons on a rotary, but I do use dead rooks on a rotary (slow speed) with some success.

It is typical rotary though, some days it works better than others.

Yeah I think my rotary would be too fast for rooks, my flapper is perfect for crows as it isn't as fast as the ff5 for example.

Yeah you just never know when the rotary will work.

Great videos. Down here near Lisburn, I had a good day over cut barley on Monday. Bright sunshine, plenty of breeze and plenty of wood pigeon. I shot 39 woodies and a few crows and missed plenty. The wife rang during this, I put the phone down and dropped a left to right then resumed the call. Birds flying all round and difficult to pick which one to shoot. Loved it........especially since last summer was so wet, I never got out once.

Great videos. Down here near Lisburn, I had a good day over cut barley on Monday. Bright sunshine, plenty of breeze and plenty of wood pigeon. I shot 39 woodies and a few crows and missed plenty. The wife rang during this, I put the phone down and dropped a left to right then resumed the call. Birds flying all round and difficult to pick which one to shoot. Loved it........especially since last summer was so wet, I never got out once.

I was out on Monday too (video to follow). I got 32 pigeons & 11 crows. Weather was great that day, not so good today!!!

• 2 weeks later...