Possible pigeon shooting opportunity for new shooter nottingham

Ive been thinking about this for a while now and would like to give a new shooter an opportunity on the pigeons on my permissions.

I realise how hard it is to get into the sport and how difficult getting the advice can be sometimes. Im no expert but think i could help.

Like i said, this is an opportunity for a day out on MY permission, not permission to shoot whenever you like, not to share the permission, would just like to give something back and any advice i can share.

I shoot over three farms covering just over 2500 acres in nottinghamshire.

This is not a ''''first time try it and see if i like it'''' thing, you will need your own kit, hide, gun, transport, cartridges, magnet etc. i will meet you, take you out, help you set 'your' kit up and sit with you in the hide and share what knowledge i have.

Let me be very clear,,,, this is not me offering just anyone a day on the pigeons! So please don't waste yours or my time those of you who cant be bothered to try and get your own perms, those with years of experience new to the area or those shooters who just want a day on other ground It is purely for those who have recently got into the sport and who are serious about it but have little knowledge.

PM me with details, who you are, where you live, age, experience etc.

Mark.

Edited by carpentermark

• 2 weeks later...

It's something that I'v been thinking about over the last couple of weeks....really wouldn't know where to start though. Have been shooting for about 1 1/2 years now own gun and licence etc seems an ideal type of shooting to do on my own as well as the occasional clays...ok shooting clays but don't know that many people which is a bit off putting when you go on your but I guess with shooting pigeons it's best done on your own

• 9 months later...

Hi There Carpenter Mark,

I know this post is a few month old now this is worth a try.

I've recently applied for my Shotgun Certificate, have joined a local gun club and taking up lessons.

I've done a lot of research into the gear I'm going to be getting and currently in the process of purchasing gear that doesn't require my certificate.

I've only done clay pigeon shooting a handful of times but have decided to have lessons to start from scratch and learn true gun etiquette. I'm wanting to advance at the gun club through lessons whilst I await the decision on my SC.

It wouldn't be for a couple of months until I'm in a position to have my license and all the relevant gear so I'd be looking to try and find any opportunities thereafter. I want to progress my shooting with my lessons so I'm a little more advanced for when i shoot in the field.

I live in linby surrounded by farmers land so eventually I'd like to approach them for permission but I don't feel it's right to do so without relevant experience. I'd like to have a bit of mentoring and practical experience before i do so, to prevent silly mistakes and learn the craft and gain experience.

I'm very polite, good listener/learner, have good common sense and I'm very keen to learn how to set-up and understand flight paths as well as all other aspects aside from the shooting itself.

I'd even be happy to do some beating, or anything else I could do to actually assist the best I could on the day.

Hopefully this offer hasn't expired and your still in a position to do so.

Thank You

Matt

Good morning, I'm like you two and will be looking out for BASC running the next introduction to pigeon shooting course. I missed the last one that was run at kibworth a few weeks since. I hear that if we can get enough of us together they can put on a course specially....don't know how true that is. I would definitely be up for doing it. I know they are running another one in North Yorkshire later this year which is a bit of a trek

Good morning, I'm like you two and will be looking out for BASC running the next introduction to pigeon shooting course. I missed the last one that was run at kibworth a few weeks since. I hear that if we can get enough of us together they can put on a course specially....don't know how true that is. I would definitely be up for doing it. I know they are running another one in North Yorkshire later this year which is a bit of a trek

Hi Nick,

I've joined BASC so as suggested I'll definitely give that a go, as you say be nice to find one a little closer to home!

May I be cheeky and ask seeing as your from Nottingham, how long it took your license to come through whether that be Firearms or Shotgun?

90 days average seems a drag