Mouse retrieving hound

loriusgarrulus

IMG_20160811_160206.jpg

IMG_20160811_144630.jpg

[/url

Meet Brenne a 6 month old deerhead chihuahua. He was called Ben ,but we renamed him after my papillon who I lost at 18 a few years ago.

His Mum is a short coat chihuahua and his Dad is a long coat chihuahua. He can't be kc as they don't recognise deerheads and he will be bigger than the 6lb limit on appleheads for showing.:)

He was kept back by the breeder as their sons pet, but the xbox was of more interest so we got him.

Like most deerheads he is very sociable and slightly bigger than the apple head chihuahuas. Very bright, after 3 days I am getting a recall with a whistle due to the fact he is very food orientated.

He should make around 10lbs fully grown as deerheads are bigger than the appleheads.

He had never been on a lead before, but walks lovely on a lead and harness now. My Granddaughter is enthralled with him.

Might make a butter bunny retriever as he will bring a kong back to hand already. Had to get a cat kong as the dog ones are too big.

• 4 weeks later...

Thankyou Bigbird.

He has a really sweet nature and we are introducing him to as many dogs and people as possible to get him used to them. He is very outgoing and we took him to our street BBQ with Quinn and they had a great time.
He is still playbowing the cats and can't get that they won't play with him. All our dogs are playing with him though, even Leo our springer who has never played with any of the others. Leo even let him have his prized nylabone.
I suspect their might be some JR in him somewhere, although his dad was KC his mum wasn't and his adult teeth have come in which look very solid for a chihuahua's.
I have sent a DNA sample off to see. It should be interesting to see the report when it comes back.

Edited by loriusgarrulus