Kent Variation, land requests.

Dannyboy220

Has anybod put in for a variation or land request recently in Kent? Have things improved much with the New Crime Commisioner sticking some cash in?

I'm putting in for some new toys and another couple of land forms. Hopefully they'll open my ticket this time and do it a bit quicker than 10 months!

Edited by Dannyboy220

Has anybod put in for a variation or land request recently in Kent? Have things improved much with the New Crime Commisioner sticking some cash in?

I'm putting in for some new toys and another couple of land forms. Hopefully they'll open my ticket this time and do it a bit quicker than 10 months!

Where have they got this cash from? I havent seen a plod car in months. I think that they only have a push bike and sidecar between them. The last commisioner said that she didnt see why the police budget should subsedise peoples hobbies.

Following this too - I wanted to put in a variation last year and cleared it with the FEO over the phone prior to submitting paperwork - but held off sending anything in as didn't want to lose my license for months. Hopefully the extra cash has assisted and I may get that .243 after all!

You might be right, interestingly, I moved house in Jan this year and emailed them the details. I said in my email that I wouldn't be sending my license in until they were ready to send my new ones in order to keep being able to buy ammo etc. Weirdly they sent me the new licenses without asking for the old ones and without any inspection, phone call etc.

Took 5 months though!

Hey dannyboy.

I put in for my variation just before the cash from new CC but took about 3 months still. So might be quicker. Good luck with open cert. How many perms you got???

My FEO said he wouldn't give me an open ticket till I had at least 6 perms and I've had FAC for 4 years now with .22. Put in for .243 and .223.

Hey dannyboy.

My FEO said he wouldn't give me an open ticket till I had at least 6 perms and I've had FAC for 4 years now with .22. Put in for .243 and .223.

This is my 4th and FEO suggested I will need 4-5 before its opened.

Where did they dig these gems up from? If your competent to have and use a gun for years then why are they coming out with this stuff. The feos come out with all sorts of drivel and no one seems to challenge it. If you are a member of an org get on to them about it. Or get 4or6 bits of ground and request that they are all cleared for fac use. They'll give you an open just to get rid of you. Consider this. I have an open ticket and I can shoot on any piece of ground given due consideration so if is OK for me then why not for you

Bob Bruce opened my ticket for my rimfires after 13 months. I showed I had a need for it to be opened and Bob looked at my ammo purchases and simply said we'll you seem to use them a lot and I haven't heard that you have done anything wrong and agreed it there and then.

If you genuinely need it opened up then don't take no for an answer.

Don't need to be rude to them but be firm.

• 1 month later...

So I spoke to the FAO on Thursday, he's granted the .223 and a second .22. Could have had the .243 but I asked for deer condition which he wasn't sure about. We came to the agreement that I would do my DSC1 then he would grant .243 for Deer and open my ticket up. Was going to do the course anyway and if he opens my ticket too then happy days! . Land check first then start thinking about a new toy.

He said the wait times are getting better after the new commissioner took over, but a month till they cashed the cheque? I won't hold my breath.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got Mike Jezzard now, took over from Bob Bruce.

To be fair, he didn't force it upon me it was more of an agreement. I guess I could have put up a case, but I've got a centrefire to practise with and will do the course. He said he would open my ticket then also which was the clincher for me.

Any suggestions, tips on a .223? It's my first centrefire so anything to watch out for would be appreciated.

Liking the Browning T bolt or a Tikka T3 but not really set on anything. Need to go and have a feel of a few first.

I've got Mike Jezzard >>

I've not run against him.

Any suggestions, tips on a .223? It's my first centrefire so anything to watch out for would be appreciated.>>

Go for a fixed power scope of 6 or 8 magnification. Anything bigger is difficult to handle and you get more glass for the money. cheap zooms often move point of impact when zoomed up or down. When you get to zero find some old leftover wallpaper and a couple of sticks and felt tip an aiming point on the back. Then pace out 30 paces and zero up. Bore sight first and it should only take a few rounds to zero. Make sure of the backstop.

Liking the Browning T bolt or a Tikka T3 but not really set on anything. Need to go and have a feel of a few first.