UV White Paint

Malinois

The makers of UV paint say that birds (pigeons) see in the UltraViolet UV spectrum range, the inference being that UV paint on your decoys will make them stand out to the birds.

I have no idea if this is true, but I always touch up the white areas (neck and wings) on my decoys.

Confidence is King. :)

Also most washing powders contain brighteners that work with uv, probably a good idea to wash all your shoot clothing in an eco friendly non brighteners soap

I work in the paper industry, when we want paper that is bright we introduce an optical bleaching agent "OBA" can only been seen under a UV light, but makes paper brighter to the naked eye.

Also most washing powders contain brighteners that work with uv, probably a good idea to wash all your shoot clothing in an eco friendly non brighteners soap

My shooting attire is washed using soap nuts. Excellent for cleaning clothes, and it's not perfumed either. Also, using this does not add any UV to your clothing.

This is the product: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Salveo-SAQ6Y-Soap-Nuts-Bag/dp/B001DHVUTY/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1471374186&sr=8-1&keywords=soap+nut

My shooting attire is washed using soap nuts. Excellent for cleaning clothes, and it's not perfumed either. Also, using this does not add any UV to your clothing.

This is the product: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Salveo-SAQ6Y-Soap-Nuts-Bag/dp/B001DHVUTY/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1471374186&sr=8-1&keywords=soap+nut

Flipping hippy :lol:

You wash your shooting clothes ???, what a tart lol.

Only after a year or two wearing them! :)

The good thing about using soap nuts is there is no 'just washed' smell on the clothing.

I know what you mean steve , mine get washed when I cant stand the smell in the car any longer , they get the 15 minute cycle with no washing powder , ive never heard of the things that you use so ill look into it .

I know what you mean steve , mine get washed when I cant stand the smell in the car any longer , they get the 15 minute cycle with no washing powder , ive never heard of the things that you use so ill look into it .

The soap nuts are excellent, Mel, and don't leave any smell on clothing when washed. For an average sized jacket, you only need around 10 to wash it. The nuts are placed in a muslin bag. They can be used more than once, but I discard them after one wash.

Check around for the best price. :good:

Sorry but I'm just not sold.

If I don't have real birds I use either flocked shells or FUDs, as I shoot birds I add to the pattern eventually replacing with real birds.

Maybe touch up the white bits with tippex if they are worn and even then I think it makes more difference to the shooter rather than the birds

Cos