TR hunting torches ? compared to the standard Ts ?? anyone using? in r

oldypigeonpopper

hello, i see on ludicrous lumins andy has a new type TR hunting torch single battery or 2 pod, anyone using and how the compare to the T types, do they have a better led eg red and I/R, looking at upgrading my standard T red led on the CZ 455 with hawke rimfire 4 X 12 X 50, thinking of a red 3 mode TR 38 with the doubler, and 2 battery pod. all info appreciated. cheers

The power of the 'TR' torches is the same.They both use the 'AS' ir led's, which are far more powerful than the standard ones. Andy, from Ludicrous Lumens, only sells the 'AS' led's now. The only difference between the 'T' and 'TR' torch is that you can change various size heads on the TR one.

thanks steve, andy did say the TR38 red pil is better than standard T38 so i just thought if any PW member uses one,

And the TR38 is the easiest so far to convert to a SunnRanger.... straight removal of the bezel and lens and screw in the Ranger lens.

It improves it if you turn, file, grind, trim the brass bezel back to the torch body to allow the moving rear lens of the Ranger to move through it's full range. (Drill a couple of small holes through the front face to allow you to tighten/remove it with a pair of needle nose pliers etc.

:good:

Fizz

And the TR38 is the easiest so far to convert to a SunnRanger.... straight removal of the bezel and lens and screw in the Ranger lens.

It improves it if you turn, file, grind, trim the brass bezel back to the torch body to allow the moving rear lens of the Ranger to move through it's full range. (Drill a couple of small holes through the front face to allow you to tighten/remove it with a pair of needle nose pliers etc.

:good:

Fizz

What is a sunnranger?

What is a sunnranger?

hello, seems like a different add on system using a yukon ranger lens by NVUK member adam aka sunndog, a lot of good reviews and for those shooting out to 200 yards or spotting. my T38 red with doubler will do 200 yards but the red fades after 150 yards but then still suitable for a L/R, the new TR torches have better pils according to andy at L/L red giving a more intense color and distance,