HELP

Christian

You need to go out ferreting a few times with experienced people. You could try asking any farmers you know if they know of anyone with ferrets. Gamekeepers, farm suppliers and gunshops are likely to know ferreters too.

Country fairs are a good place to find out and make contacts.

You could also ask a Young Farmers club as they are bound to know someone.

If you are going to get a ferret make sure you dont pay more than £10 for each 1!!Whenever i have got ferrets I usually pay £5 for them.

These townies can con you big style! my m8 ended up paying £25 for one because the seller said that if he wasnt prepared to spend good money on a ferret then he obviously wasnt prepared to look after it properly! :rolleyes:

Tody

Christian......Visit www.anglebooks.com and get your self a copy of Ferrets & Ferreting or similar. Should be about 15 quid plus postage.

You might have to save up your pocket money or get a sub from the old man but it will be worth it.... Mind you most teenagers have more spare cash these days than us married men :rolleyes::D

Ferreting becomes an absorbing hobby and you become very attached to the little chaps.

Good Luck

FM.

Hi mate im 15 to, i have done loads of ferreting in the past! After you go 3-4 times a day for 3 weeks on the trot you get bored of it easy like me. Thats why i have cut my outings to once a week and got into it more. You should listen to everyone elso about you have to go out a couple of times first! Get back to me and let me now how you get on!

PD

After you go 3-4 times a day

How do you manage that 1 then? Do you go out, come home, go out again, come home again, and so on?

Personally i would rather go out all day. And if i had the land, and the time to go every day, i would and i dont think i would get bored. It's just when you dont have much land or land with not many rabbits on, last year, when i was 15 i didnt do much because i couldn't travel, now i have a moped :rolleyes:

I cant wait till im 16 because im getting a moped and then i can go when i want!

What i mean by going 3-4 times a day! Because my grandad has loads of land we go to different farms after we finish the last, because he is 68 he wants to enjoy the rest of his life while he can because he wont be around for much longer.

OK i might of overreacted a little about the 4 but we do, do a lot of traveling and it does get tiering and you do most of the time get bored but not always!

PD n RS