Question for any metal workers/engineers

oneshotkiller

I've got a car that's got bloody exspensive main dealer only body panels ( 200 a sill a side !!!! Eeeek )

I'm confident in my welding but not fabricating whole sills

Would it be worth asking my local engineering works and welding shop if they could knock them up ?

Is it exspensive ?

hello, photo not showing

The sill on those is different

hello, that is a shame, might be worth a try to get made if you have any sheet metal engineers near you, how rusty is the sill on your lancer ? is it part of the body chassis? or one you weld on to ? have done a fair few myself with the mig welder but that was years ago so i expect more strict on this with MOTs, anyway i hope you get sorted

A mark 3 lancer evo.?? Do you mean a evo 3?

I very much doubt the evo 4 sills will fit as they totally changed the car for the 4 onwards. Anyhow, head on over to the MLR forums and put a wanted up.

Have you tried japperformanceparts?

Camskill?

dave@ears motorsport?

Edited to add, some parts from Protons fit the older stuff.

Edited by Del T

I've seen this before with other cars, what some tend to do if they have the funds is to get a 5 or so sets made up and flog them on at a higher price. Could possibly cover yours and may make a bit of profit, if you can't find them to buy I'm sure others are in the same boat and are willing to pay. Unfortunately good panel beaters and fabricators are hard to find and demand a fair bit but you never know!

theres a guy that appeared on a few car restoration programmes I have watched who can literally make anything needed for car body but for the life of me I cant remember his name but if you get the programme " the salvage squad " on catch up he does work for them .

maybe you could trace him via the net and possibly get him to make some for you .

I did know an old school panel beater who was a wizard with sheet metal and some of the cars I,ve seen him repair were works of art but unfortunately he passed away a while back now

Made me own mate,Bit of Wood,Wood Vice,couple G Clamps,And some bending..

Cut a Former out of Cardboard,you wouldn't know where they are welded..

Go on have a go...

PS.. try them in 2 halves,Joggler,punch holes,Dropped lips,

You wouldn't know the Difference..

Go On,Get them Made..

Edited by subsonicnat