UFC 202 Diaz vs McGregor II

Danger-Mouse

Well The Notorious surprised me and pulled it off. An excellent fight and as I suggested previously Conor went to the leg kicks. About as perfect a fight as I`ve seen Conor fight. His striking was top notch and his wrestling defence was excellent. I know Diaz wasn`t happy with the result but I had it 3-2 to Conor. The only thing that baffled me was the judge who scored it 47-47.

Quality fight from Cerrone finishing with one of the best combinations I`ve ever seen thrown in the Octagon. And an amazing 13 second KO by "Rumble" Johnson, the man is simply a beast.

Can anyone actually see Diaz coming down to the weight that McGregor wants to fight at?

Fair play to McGregor going up to Diaz's weight but it's easier to gain weight and muscle than to lose it and still be fit

:shaun:

Diaz is ranked number 5 at Lightweight (155lbs), it`s the weight he traditionally fights at, so yeah I can :)

The only reason the first fight of this series took place at 170lbs was because Diaz only had 11 days noticed and that wasn`t enough time to cut the weight. This fight was also at 170lbs because Conor wanted the rematch under the same conditions as when he lost.

Conor is a Featherweight (145lbs).

Just after Watching the Full Fight for the 3rd Time. What a War it was and up there with one of the best UFC fights I've Watched.

I had My Doubts About Conor's Chances but the nearer the fight Got I was more confident in him doing well. I stayed up and Watched it the Whole thing "Prelims and all.

Couldnt believe how well McGregor Started' What a perfect 1st round with some unbelievable Striking and leg Kicks "Obviously he used the Dos Anjos' Blueprint for Diaz with the Leg kicks " but it was his pristine Striking that really impressed me. He was fighting a bigger Man with a longer reach and great boxing and has "Andre Ward" one of the most Skillful Boxers out there in his camp' and Still McGregor out Boxed him and left his face like a Butchers Counter.

I had my Head in my hands' at the end of the 2nd..Not again..he couldnt be out of steam again ' :no: I really thought he was done for..but what heart He showed and as DM says he got his second Wind and his take down defence was Good. Hats of to Diaz also..The man just does not lay down and keeps coming..I am not being Biased when i say' I was pretty confident Conor would get the nod as I felt he had done more than enough to get his arm Raised. An unbelievable Scrap and Respect to both men for leaving it all in the octagon and cant wait for Number 3.

An what more can you say about "Rumble" What a Bang..I just hope he can Conect with one of them on DC before DC gets on top and smothers him for the whole fight like last time.

A really enjoyable card 202 Was . :yes:

Edited by SuperGoose75

Can anyone actually see Diaz coming down to the weight that McGregor wants to fight at?

Fair play to McGregor going up to Diaz's weight but it's easier to gain weight and muscle than to lose it and still be fit

:shaun:

As Danger mouse has Said' Diaz is a legit 155 pounder so it should not be a problem.

Its all well and good saying its easier to gain weight and muscle and still be fit..But its still keeping the cardio and speed/reflexs whilst doing so.

Which makes What McGregor did even more impressive. I wonder how Diaz would fare if he had to go up Two weight Divisions and fight a Middle weight..?

Well I`ve rewatched it. Unlike the first time where I was caught up in the moment, I was able to be far more analytical this time.

Round 1 was just about perfect for Conor. The vicious leg kicks, perfectly timed hand strikes and a knockdown for Conor. Compared to Diaz who only landed a few body shots. I didn`t see a clean head shot landed at all by Nate. If there was a 10-8 round in the fight then this was it.

Round 2 started off with more of the same. Conor dominated for most of the round with Diaz piling on the pressure in only the final 60-90 seconds. No way it was enough to take the round though.

Round 3 was in my eyes close for the first 2-3 minutes but again Nate came strong at the end and I have to give him the round. The judge who gave this one to Diaz 10-8 should never be allowed to judge again.

Round 4 was imo the closest of the fight with both fighters landing a number of significant strikes. However I belive Conor landed a couple more telling blows than Nate and it was also the round where Nate`s face was really opened up. I stick with my original opinion and give it to Conor.

Round 5, again close. Conor defended a couple of takedowns and succeeded in tripping Nate and sending him to the mat, albeit briefly. Close again on strikes but with Diaz taking Conor down and landing a huge barrage of blows in the closing seconds I edged it for Nate.

Definitely a close fight and with the round by round scoring it wouldn`t have been a travesty if Nate had snatched the victory. If you scored it minute by minute though Conor would be way ahead.

The rematch at Lightweight is definitely one to look forward to. The question for that fight, is will Diaz adapt his tactics and concentrate more on taking Conor down?

Pretty good assesment of the Fight there Danger-Mouse. The only Thing I would disagree with is the possibility of awarding the Fight to Diaz..A Draw at the very least IMO would have been the best Diaz could have hoped for' But for me McGregor Done way more Clean work to deserve the Win and I totally think it was the correct decision.

What now for the Notorious..? Its "For want of a better Word" Funny' How this rivarly came about and I havent heard this mentioned as yet. As we know this came about because Dos Anjos pulled out of his scheduled bout with McGregor through injury and Diaz stepped in at short notice for the 1st fight. Then look at How Conor's scheduled opponent Dos Anjos dealt with Diaz. He beat him in every department..Striking,Kicking and was not afraid to go to the ground and beat Diaz up with the Ground and Pound and lots of elbows and was still pretty fresh after the fight.True it was only 3 Rounds and not 5 but Dos Anjos is a bit of an Animal, as is a lot of the lightweights in the Division. Can Conor really hang with with these Men..? I have my Doubts..Maybe Dos Anjos pulling out was a blessing in Disguise for MCGregor. You could argue that Conor is a Natural Lightweight anyway and really busts himself to get down to 145. I just dont think he will have the Same success at 155.

So everyone now wants a piece of McGregor and I personally think he should Choose his next fight very carefully. And I think he has earned the right to pick and choose. A 3rd fight with Nate might not be the best option. I read Dana is not really liking this fight. For me i think Nate would love to go again and get a big payday and possibly retire after as he is pretty much a Veteran of the sport at this stage and has been in a lot of Wars.

Aldo wants his shot at redemption' and by right Conor should defend his Belt. However he has already beating Aldo and When Aldo was Champ he wasnt the most active at defending'plus he pulled out of the first bout with Conor. Thats one thing about MAC' he always turns up and fights. Its a hard one to Call as surley Aldo deserves another shot' especially after the way the last fight Finished "if you could call it a fight" But at the same time Why should Conor risk it when he has other options. I think Aldo v McGregor II would be a brllliant fight and I would nearly fancy Aldo beating Conor if the fight went a few Rounds. Aldo has been pretty Salty and bitter about his loss and maybe Conor should just give him/vacate the belt and make him suffer with the fact that it only took 13 seconds.

Conor's out now with an Injury suspension now"them leg kicks came at a price" So he has plenty of time to consider his next move' Eddie Alveraz is making a lot of noise but then everyone wants a piece of the McGregor Cash Cow right now. It will be interesting to see what pans out. Maybe his fighting Days are over and we Could see him on the big Screen as a movie actor.

I will wrap this up by Saying that I am now a Nate Diaz fan and will be shouting for him in anyother fight other than McGregor. He is anything but PC but is not the Dummy some think's he is..He has his own Street Lingo and to use it' He knows Whats going Down **. Cant stand his brother or that Jake shields though.

One fight I will be looking forward to IF/When it happens is Dominick Cruz v Cody Garbrandt.. That little fella pushed the featherweight champion so I hope Cruz teaches him some manners.. :lol: