Side by side day

buze

I love shooting my sxs and wore my game shooting jacket to shoot in yesterday in readiness for next Saturday's first syndicate day. I have a tendency to swing too far through with the lighter weight guns. Miss in front by quite a lot sometimes.

I love shooting my sxs and wore my game shooting jacket to shoot in yesterday in readiness for next Saturday's first syndicate day. I have a tendency to swing too far through with the lighter weight guns. Miss in front by quite a lot sometimes.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did the sxs day at Akin Grant Lang in September (I've never done a competition before). It was very enjoyable and good value I think with tea/coffee, roll for breakfast and food afterwards -£55 all in for 125 targets

Lots of interesting guns and per the score sheet a Will Evans with a William Evans

http://www.agl-uk.com/cms/resources/CPSA%20Medals/side-by-side-2016.xlsx-2.pdf

K

Well I had another go this week-end, shot probably 200ish thru it, it was a LOT better this time around. I think was trying to shot it like a clay gun, and it's not... that one you can grab by the scruff of the neck and shoot, it's great fun! Had a few trouble with really long crossers, but other than that all of the other targets were breaking very nicely, sim pairs and all!

Figured out I need to get my hand a slightly back on the stock to be able to shoot both triggers without bruising my finger, but otherwise, definitely a winner :-) very satisfying!

Oh, and as a side note: I was shooting Hull CompX 21g Fiber, and they are wonderful carts -- my wife shoot these all the time and they shoot nice and clean. This week-end I shot Gamebore 'Evo' 21g (in 65mm length) and I've never seen such s*hit in the barrels. Unburn powder flakes in the action, gloopy s*hit under the ejectors and more importantly a /cloud/ of black stuff shooting off the barrels -- to a point that sometime I wasn't sure I've hit the clay or not! Anyway, I'd give these a skip...

I'm such a lucky BEEPstard really. Earlier I did a bit of a 'proper' clean to the Maleham; used 'green' kitchen grub thing, bore cleaner to clean the metal bits, then dried it all out; I had cleaned the stock last week already, and gave if a very light gun oil top up.

Blimey, it's nor a Purdey, but it does looks Perty to me :-)

_1010320.jpg

_1010316.jpg

_1010326.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Rocking the old lady this week-end. Practiced a bit, and I think I'm pretty much there! Here are 40 yards quick loopers, gun down. I also did the sim pair, but the Mrs pressed the wrong button on the phone :-)

Hull 21 CompX, beautiful little cartridges really, shot about a 100 and the gun was barely worth cleaning afterward...

https://goo.gl/photos/G9UWxPL4uXTjYeQ29

Edited by buze