canabis, am i missing something ?

Davyo

Has this been legalised or is there no penalties.I went course fishing last week and could smell canabis.Had a walk around the venue and came across a chap rolling a joint.He made no attempt to hide & just kept making it as we chatted about his swim.Yesterday afternoon walking along the tyne in Newcastle couple happily puffing away as we passed.Then yesterday evening myself and the son went for a couple of hours mackerel fishing on Roker pier and yet again people smoking with no attempt to hide it.Im no angel, but when i was young at least we would be holed up in a mates flat with a bit of Floyd on.We'd also be paranoid about any people in the group we didnt know,the kids of today just do it willy nilly regardless who sees/smells.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the law hasn't changed but it should tho because ain't working at the moment

Edit for this https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-reveals-hes-secretly-been-8683262.amp?client=safari

The law isn't working because it isn't being enforced. The law doesn't need changing, just the enforcement. My own opinion is that enforcement is being quietly dropped so that nice Mr. Branson and other Tory cronies will be able to make £ millions out of the legalisation of it.

Yes, an "n" :lol:

It`s an on the spot fine, fixed penalty ticket for small amounts. I guess that much like speeding, people are willing to take the risk.

No the law hasn't changed but it should tho because ain't working at the moment

Edit for this https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-reveals-hes-secretly-been-8683262.amp?client=safari

I believe someone once planted some in a window box outside a police station and it was quite some time before they were noticed.

Having cannabis as an illegal substance suits the police very nicely because hundreds of pathetic losers make a living dealing the stuff. While they are doing that they are not doing anything worse that creates paperwork and ties up resources.

They will never legalise it because all those hundreds of little scrotes would turn to shoplifting or housebreaking and the police couldn't handle it.

Edited by Vince Green

Having cannabis as an illegal substance suits the police very nicely because hundreds of pathetic losers make a living dealing the stuff. While they are doing that they are not doing anything worse that creates paperwork and ties up resorces

thats so bloody true I work the doors and the pub down road let people smoke it even when police there no joke.

I tried it in my teens it wasn't for me

Edited by martyn2233

I hate drugs of all kinds, I'm lucky (or not) to deal with the criminals at route cause; be it Afghanistan, Morocco, all the way to Mexico. the people up and down the drug scale these individuals are cancers destroying society, and I quite openly challenge any one who goes anywhere near it.

The law isn't working because it isn't being enforced. The law doesn't need changing, just the enforcement. My own opinion is that enforcement is being quietly dropped so that nice Mr. Branson and other Tory cronies will be able to make £ millions out of the legalisation of it.

An interesting point.

Any carp fishing lake in the country. One of the reasons I gave up coarse fishing, either stoners or drunks go fishing these days. The absolute pinnacle was a day, about 13 years ago, when I used to fish the West Warwick Reservoir. Popped my head round the side of a brolly to ask how things had been going and the guy was snorting a line of coke off his fold-up table.

Wow.

Just, wow.

Rock'n'roll man...

Yes, an "n" :lol:

It`s an on the spot fine, fixed penalty ticket for small amounts. I guess that much like speeding, people are willing to take the risk.

I believe someone once planted some in a window box outside a police station and it was quite some time before they were noticed.

I know that in the mid eighties quite a few plants were found in the shrubbery at Wythenshawe police station, they had got quite big before someone noticed what they were, or maybe it was just the cops doing it for a sideline , think they were the most bent people in town.

An interesting point.

"They" dropped the localised drug dept in our Force around 15 years plus ago! It's called lack of funds. Also, our bright inspector, of our division, was naive enough to ask the "locals" what the Police should be putting their time into. As apposed to leaving it to the "Intel" Officer who had his finger in ALL pies. So what did we get..........."Mrs Doing's" from up the road is ****** off, with kids playing football on the local green, when the sign clearly says, "No ball games"

And also, the problem with the dog **** on the pavements..... And that IS fact! She had no idea, several doors up from where she lived a relatively big Class A drug dealer lived (for the area) As they say, "Be careful what you wish for"..............

We did well in sorting out people not picking up the dog ****. And the kids, doing no harm, but just playing football, were moved on....

But the amount of Class A addicts went up a fair way in that a year. But at least "Granny" was happy....

OK, we never were "Sherlock Holmes, but before this our "disruption tactics , kept a lid on it, to a degree..... But then all out the window it went.....

Edited by jam1e

"They" dropped the localised drug dept in our Force around 15 years ago plus ago! It's called lack of funds. Also, our bright inspector, of our division, was naive enough to ask the "locals" what the Police should be putting their time into. As apposed to leaving it to the "Intel" Officer who had his finger in ALL pies. So what did we get..........."Mrs Doing's" from up the road is ****** off, with kids playing football on the local green, when the sign clearly says, "No ball games"

And also, the problem with the dog **** on the pavements..... And that IS fact! She had no idea, several doors up from her lived a relatively big Class A drug dealer (for the area) As they say, "Be careful what you wish for"..............

We did well in sorting out people not picking up the dog ****. And the kids, doing no harm, but just playing football, were moved on....

But the amount of Class A addicts went up a fair way in that a year. But at least "Granny" was happy....

OK, we never were "Sherlock Holmes, but our "disruption tactics , kept a lid on it, to a degree..... But then all out the window it went.....

That sums up the Neighbourhood Policing farce. Police community meetings were attended by the same five or six busy-bodies complaining of nothing more serious that dog poo in the park. A complete waste of time

That sums up the Neighbourhood Policing farce. Police community meetings were attended by the same five or six busy-bodies complaining of nothing more serious that dog poo in the park. A complete waste of time

Absolutely spot on!

Catching some one (possibly a teen or youngish person) and giving them a criminal record for possession of cannabis, possibly limiting their entire life is ridiculous.

Like anything I've seen people use it responsibly and some not so!

Done a lot of work around it and met and talked with some of the top blokes, one who wrote recent legislation to try to combat "legal highs".

Cannabis is a gate way drugs, along side tobacco and alcohol. End of the day someone smoking a bit of green RESPONSIBLY isn't doing any more harm than someone having a few quiet pints / cans to relax.

I have also seen people with genuine serious medical conditions use it with great medicinal benefits, without having to rely on traditional pharmaceutical medicine and the nasty side effects it can carry. Anyone who denies any benefit what so ever is narrow minded and held back but their lack of willingness to look at it critically from all angles!