Olympic Medals

ditchman

Im not much of a sport watcher...most of it has been spoilt by the drugs thingy/stuff...........

just watching the BBC news with some sportsman showing close-up his Gold and Silver medal.................what an utter piece of tat/rubbish they are too............

im not expecting the medals to be solid gold or silver....if i had been training for 4 years to try for an Olympic medal...i would want something better than that to record my achievement.........................

im telling you now you could buy something off Yarmouth market with more style.........................how many billion did they spend on the Olympics..??

and tuppence halpenny on some badly designed piece of tat...........if i had one of them i would be embarrased to display it...

I must admit to thinking the same thing I am shore that some of the ones that I have seen in the past was better made that these ones.

just had a google and came up with this I prefer the cut out ones myself.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=olympic+medals&biw=1280&bih=874&tbm=isch&imgil=sM65TyEb1OD9eM%253A%253BffzMFeHjukvrQM%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.olympic.org%25252Folympic-medals&source=iu&pf=m&fir=sM65TyEb1OD9eM%253A%252CffzMFeHjukvrQM%252C_&usg=__xBsg3NlNqEH6-bAJR8iwjgRe2G8%3D&ved=0ahUKEwiT-tWjg9jOAhWoKMAKHZMECdcQyjcIOA&ei=54K8V9PqMKjRgAaTiaS4DQ#imgrc=v8LoyaV27tQdqM%3A

Edited by four-wheel-drive

It doesn't matter what it looks like,when someone says"I won an Olympic medal " you know they did something great in the sporting world,I was in the team that were Army swimming champions,we trained once a week with a coach called Rosa Gallop,she was a Commonwealth swimming coach and when you were on the blocks training and people like Sharon Davies and others made it look like you were standing still you realised there is a vast distance between being very good and being great and becoming an Olympian.

Full respect for anyone who has a medal from the Olympics even if it looks ****,it is something i will never be able to obtain.

OK i hear what you say...............its just that some of the medals way back in the past have been beautifully desighned...a true work of art.....im not talking about the "true " value of them or the sponsership and endorsments.....

i think if you gain/win a medal then the skill and design should reflect the 4 years of hard work that has gone in to acheive that.......thats all :)

OK i hear what you say...............its just that some of the medals way back in the past have been beautifully desighned...a true work of art.....im not talking about the "true " value of them or the sponsership and endorsments.....

i think if you gain/win a medal then the skill and design should reflect the 4 years of hard work that has gone in to acheive that.......thats all :)

Perhaps they should be like this......498980d1365865951-hero-soviet-union-gold