Pigeon shooting wheat stubble

ollie

This video was filmed on 8th August 2016 shooting woodpigeons & crows on a wheat stubble field. About 10 days previous to this myself and a mate shot 34 pigeons on the same field prior to it being cut.
This turned out to be a decent day out in the sunshine with some pigeons for the table.
Thanks for watching

Another good watch, thanks for posting. :good:

It was good to see you pulling in the crows, even with a rotary with pigeons on it, thats the kiss of death for me.

I can pull crows with crows on the rotary, but they always spook when its pigeons.

I notice they have a few strands of barbed wire round the telephone pole, just to stop you climbing it. :)

Proper job!! 👍!! Should be getting up on a wheat stubble field this Saturday hopefully although it will be after crows, seems to be hardly any pigeons in my area arm !

Thanks for watching. Hope you got out & got some birds.

Another good watch, thanks for posting. :good:

It was good to see you pulling in the crows, even with a rotary with pigeons on it, thats the kiss of death for me.

I can pull crows with crows on the rotary, but they always spook when its pigeons.

I notice they have a few strands of barbed wire round the telephone pole, just to stop you climbing it. :)

I think because the rotary was to the side of the crow kill area it didn't put them off. I was on the same field about 10 days later & the crows were decoying over the pigeons on the rotary. Whereas I was on a different field another day & had to take the rotary in.

Yeah I made sure I wasn't firing through the wires. Not much of a climber though so no need for the wire lol.

Edited by ollie

Great shooting -as always. Thanks for posting.

Thanks al, you out on the first on the lough?

Good watch as always - Liked hearing you Highlight the proper procedure of tidying up afterwards..One of my pet hates is the ones who dont.!

Can't stand it goose. I was out a few weeks before that & I came upon a place a hide was, there was empty boxes & shells lying everywhere!!! You can manage to carry to the field then you can carry it out!!!

Thanks al, you out on the first on the lough?

I wasn't out on the first but went out this morning to open the season. I kept forgetting to turn on the camera - which is probably a good thing given how many I missed!

I got 4 - 3 mallard and a tufties. Season opened!