Shotgun Lesson

ghosthunter

Started my shotgun shooting on clays 18 months ago and got ok at them with my best result being a 75/100 on a cpsa registered shoot and getting 2nd place and £40 prize money. Also managed a few trophies from a local shoot mainly 2nd places with an odd 1st here of there.

Then I spent a few months shooting pigeons... Couldn't hit them at first, nothing like clays then I got ok on them.. Went back to clay shooting a couple of weeks ago and my form had dropped and up until today I had no idea what had gone wrong. I was struggling with what used to be easy targets for me.

I booked a lesson at a local(ish) clay ground with John Hall (Lancashire) and straight away he had me hitting clays that I was nowhere near the past couple of weeks. He corrected my stance, hand position on fore-end, target acquisition and gun placement amongst other things.

£70 and 108 clays thrown out and now I know where I was going wrong... Couldn't seem to correct it myself by just going shooting... best money I've spent in a while. Hopefully I can make it back in prize money in the coming months.. Onwards & Upwards!