Calais no go area

old'un

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The key point is all those people are entitled to claim asylum in France, and that is what is going wrong. Its no good the French mayor moaning about us. Its their problem and they should sort it or deport them.

Well it's kind of our fault if it wasn't so easy for them here do you honestly think they'd be trying to get here

IMHO we should be doing our bit to help the French authorities but not by opening our borders

Round our way we have been invaded by the travelling community. When news of their arrival went round facebook like wildfire there were a dissenting minority calling for the travellers to be treated with respect and how we shouldn't leap to tar them all with the same brush. In reply all the usual predictions were made about crime and waste.

Anyways, the travellers have now moved on and left carnage behind them. Dumped caravans, garden and building waste fly tipped, gas bottles galore - you know, the same old same old.

Whilst everyone is now inviting the small traveller supporting minority to grab a bin bag and clear up the **** they left behind, I am still left with the question of why do we put up with this predictable criminality? Why?

Following on, in Calais, why do we have to tolerate and tip toe round people who break the law. If they got water cannons and tear gas every night it would soon enough stop.

Edited by Mungler

Looks like its getting worse in France, the roads around Calais are now a no-go area after dark, who do these people think they are bringing Syrian type road blocks to Europe.http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/704099/smugglers-tree-block-migrant-lorries

I'm glad that I'm not driving back from Greece this year. What with earthquakes, Swiss border controls and Calais to contend with it would have been a nightmare but my heart goes out to the a Itallian victims, we've had a couple of tremors in Greece this year.

The thing is with the travelling community is that they have a sort of protection in that no senior police officer or council official will tackle them for fear of being viewed as discriminating against a minority. This was exactly why the Rotherham sex scandal was allowed to happen and probably has happened in many other towns and cities. Minorities can basically do what they want because no one in authority will put their career on the line.

ACPO have a manual regarding dealing with the travelling fraternity and the crux is that they should be treated exactly the same as anyone else. But no senior officer has the gonads to do anything meaningful about it. One exception was my old Chief Superintendent who took proactive steps to deal with the criminality that followed the annual horse races in Darfield. That said, he had less than a year left before retiring so nothing much should be read into his new found zeal. He hadn't done anything previously.

It doesn't happen in France. They either have to buy a plot of land or old property to park their caravans at the side and pay their taxes or park in an official camp site and pay rent. The gendarmes will move them on before they have unhooked their caravans if they park anywhere else. It is actually an offence to park a caravan in a town in a non-designated area.

Why do we keep calling them the travelling community when they seem to want to stop everywhere they go?

Surely this takes away the racism rights that they claim :/

Sorry but I agree with aggressive techniques to get rid :unhappy:

Edited by 955i

995i next time they roll up in your town why dont you try your aggressive techniques, I look forward to hearing the outcome, I love the fact that most people are ready to say that the ####s stole this that or the other without casting eyes on the event 😂I am sure folk are meant to be innocent until proven guilty

Edited by Winston72

995i next time they roll up in your town why dont you try your aggressive techniques, I look forward to hearing the outcome, I love the fact that most people are ready to say that the ####s stole this that or the other without casting eyes on the event 😂I am sure folk are meant to be innocent until proven guilty

So the piles of rubbish that's dumped every time they move on just happen to magically appear and was nothing to do with the do as you likeys? Perhaps a local resident fly tipped it all just so that they'd get the blame? Come on.

Sorry but I agree with aggressive techniques to get rid :unhappy:

I agree as they don't understand anything else. Biggest problem is you need a big enough group to deal with them otherwise your not gonna come out of it well.

Unfortunately these people traffickers need dealing with the same way, hit them hard and fast with no messing about. From what I understand it is the gangs that run the operation not necessarily the immigrants them selves

i am driving through france next week.

should be interesting.

Well, you won't see much during daylight hours, apart from possibly migrants running across the motorway that runs alongside Calais, they can be a real hazard and several have been knocked down, so watch out, as they don't appear to care and seem to expect the traffic to stop for them.

It gets a bit more lively after dark, but the police are there in big numbers, and they don't mess about.

Cat.

So the piles of rubbish that's dumped every time they move on just happen to magically appear and was nothing to do with the do as you likeys? Perhaps a local resident fly tipped it all just so that they'd get the blame? Come on.

Ill concede they do leave rubbish and are probably responsible for as much fly tipping as the average builder, the point i was making that whenever a crime is committed when the gypsies are in the area they are instantly blamed , despite the fact that similar crimes will have been committed before they arrived and after they leave. however "it will be them" quoted by half wits really gets my goat,

Assumption is the mother of all mistakes, and i believe in innocent until proven otherwise, whats the alternative step back into dark and dodgy history?

Are you seriously suggesting they are no worse than the average builder? Have you ever actually seen the results of them having set up camp somewhere? And is it just coincidence that the caravans stolen from near to where I live last week were taken by a van with Irish plates?

Are you seriously suggesting they are no worse than the average builder? Have you ever actually seen the results of them having set up camp somewhere? And is it just coincidence that the caravans stolen from near to where I live last week were taken by a van with Irish plates?

You racist ***** Yes I am suggesting the fly tipping is comparable to the average builder, so you saw these "Irish Plates " on a van that stole a caravan? and you did what?I will guess you didn't see this but have heard a rumour, whoever did see this plated disappearing with a caravan would presumably have called the Police, who no doubt couldn't attend due to a breech of human rights , I cant believe what in hearing. I live within a mile of a local permanent camp in Leeds, there is only one, its been there 30 years, and most people who live in Leeds are unaware of its existence, trouble outside the camp virtually none, and it gets plenty of attention from the Police without the local rag jumping on a band wagon

Edited by Winston72

You racist ***** Yes I am suggesting the fly tipping is comparable to the average builder, so you saw these "Irish Plates " on a van that stole a caravan? and you did what?I will guess you didn't see this but have heard a rumour, whoever did see this plated disappearing with a caravan would presumably have called the Police, who no doubt couldn't attend due to a breech of human rights , I cant believe what in hearing. I live within a mile of a local permanent camp in Leeds, there is only one, its been there 30 years, and most people who live in Leeds are unaware of its existence, trouble outside the camp virtually none, and it gets plenty of attention from the Police without the local rag jumping on a band wagon

Racist? yawn! he used the "R" word how very retro

And I suppose suggesting that the average builder fly tips is acceptable?

The thing is with the travelling community is that they have a sort of protection in that no senior police officer or council official will tackle them for fear of being viewed as discriminating against a minority. This was exactly why the Rotherham sex scandal was allowed to happen and probably has happened in many other towns and cities. Minorities can basically do what they want because no one in authority will put their career on the line.

ACPO have a manual regarding dealing with the travelling fraternity and the crux is that they should be treated exactly the same as anyone else. But no senior officer has the gonads to do anything meaningful about it. One exception was my old Chief Superintendent who took proactive steps to deal with the criminality that followed the annual horse races in Darfield. That said, he had less than a year left before retiring so nothing much should be read into his new found zeal. He hadn't done anything previously.

It doesn't happen in France. They either have to buy a plot of land or old property to park their caravans at the side and pay their taxes or park in an official camp site and pay rent. The gendarmes will move them on before they have unhooked their caravans if they park anywhere else. It is actually an offence to park a caravan in a town in a non-designated area.

The problem is if they do buy some land in the UK they will not be allowed to park there caravan or camper on it the council will still make them move on as people like us will not let them do it if you cannot afford to buy a house then you are ****ed.

The thing that I do not understand about the French or other police is these people blocking the road and threatening people must be braking laws so arrest them and deport them if they cannot abide by our laws then they should not be in our countries.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Racist? yawn! he used the "R" word how very retro

And I suppose suggesting that the average builder fly tips is acceptable?

Merely based on the things i see fly tipped,generally building waste, whether you like the definition of the "R" word or not,it stands strange that the rest of my statement wasn't pulled to pieces though, eh! :good: