copper shot

Shopping on Siarm today 5kg of copper fell in to my basket, i believe (?) you can use steel data with wad column adjustment does that sound like a reasonable place to start on some load development? (will be pressure tested before use) looking to load 20 and 12 in 3 inch,possibly 3 1/2, any input or advice from you guys that have already been down this route would be greatly appreciated,

Eric lee

Its lower vvolume than steel so lower presures, your safe with steel data adjusted, but dont use soft fillers soft filler reduce pressure initialy say one or two cork spacers 3mmetc, but start adding squishy felt too and you end up with the exact opposite so

hard nitro cards in the bases and a cork on top say maybe two not really any more.

ITX 10 ot even Bismuth data is better, ITX 10 is generaly higher velocity on its data so this is prefereable with copper shot.

It works ok shame we cant get a few bigger pellet sizes than 2.8s and 3.5mm though. but 3.5s are like an english 2 if they existed so rather like a lead 3 and capable of more speed than any lead load so if you make full use of coppers capability its not all bad. and you can load it in any gun so ideal for game guns or classics . I used it a little last season i like it.

Thanks for that Tony, only decision now is what powder to use leaning towards SSB150 for the 12 picking up some lil gun for the 20, i do have limited quantities of M92S and steel to hand but would be loath to use it experimenting, hopefully Claygame will have itx data for the SSB150, otherwise will have to wing it and see what the test gun says!

Not sure if that's completely true but I was chatting with someone and he suggested that the reason why we can't find any of the B&P powders is due to the fact that there is no distributor in the UK and the distribution itself is solely owned by Gamebore

So, unless we can find someone willing to swim across the channel with a barrel of it :lol:, or lobby the 'distributor', i think we can kiss goodbye to the glorious powder... and some of her sisters.

Not sure if that's completely true but I was chatting with someone and he suggested that the reason why we can't find any of the B&P powders is due to the fact that there is no distributor in the UK and the distribution itself is solely owned by Gamebore

So, unless we can find someone willing to swim across the channel with a barrel of it :lol:, or lobby the 'distributor', i think we can kiss goodbye to the glorious powder... and some of her sisters.

Gamebore Kent Aliant Glaygame all are linked in some way historicaly and to this very day too.

If we, add to this EVERY OTHER cartridge manufacturer in the UKs relictance to suply BRITISH reloaders with powders.

And you have the catalst that is our situation today.

None of them work with reloaders any more they used to but not anymore, So why should we work with them, I wont buy a british cartridge ever again if i can possibly help it.