Film Question.

steve_b_wales

Here's one that I hope can be answered.

In work the other night, we were talking about films, and a colleague mentioned about a war film, where the British were in the desert, and, to fool the German's into surrendering, (they were in the distance) they pretended that they had plenty of water by simulating having a shower.

What was the film called?

i remember it well...........they were pretending to have a shower but the water was falling back into a bowl....they were at an old oasis / fort that was reputed to have water...but it had none ..so they had to make do with their own meague supplies...they were out gunned by the germans ..but the germans didnt know that so they worked on a war of atrition

..........sorry cant remember the name tho' :lol::lol:

fat lot of good i am...

i remember it well...........they were pretending to have a shower but the water was falling back into a bowl....they were at an old oasis / fort that was reputed to have water...but it had none ..so they had to make do with their own meague supplies...they were out gunned by the germans ..but the germans didnt know that so they worked on a war of atrition

..........sorry cant remember the name tho' :lol::lol:

fat lot of good i am...

That's the one!

Sahara??? Humphrey Bogart (1943). Think it was remade later with James Belushi

A quick Google Search and you were right. It was a remake starring James Belushi. :good:

That's the one!

why do you have to pick problems like this at the end of the day.............its going to rot my brain now...think it was made in the early 1960's...2 or 3 famous character actors in it.......

.....why are you doing this to me ....us...

remembered some more now.....they had plenty of grenades...and fooled the germans into thinking they had motars...and rigged something up....

am i on the right track ?

Edited by ditchman

why do you have to pick problems like this at the end of the day.............its going to rot my brain now...think it was made in the early 1960's...2 or 3 famous character actors in it.......

.....why are you doing this to me ....us...

remembered some more now.....they had plenty of grenades...and fooled the germans into thinking they had motars...and rigged something up....

am i on the right track ?

See post #4 :good: