I give up!

HunterFarmer

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: now there is one HONEST man.............we all have "muppet" days........'cept we try and keep it quiet.... :good:

Ah well!

hello, ok what shotgun a does it fit proper, have you tried on pattern plate/ and what cartridges and chokes in gun ?

Yeah the gun's fine! Ye see I never stick to one brand of cartridge so I use 30g 6s than 32g 6s you get the idea!

hello, ok what shotgun a does it fit proper, have you tried on pattern plate/ and what cartridges and chokes in gun ?

Hunterfarmer,,,,,,

ignore the above post or you will pack in,, we all have off days mate, don't worry about it, just point the thing and pull the trigger,,

oldypigeonpopper, hes not shooting the Olympics mate :lol::lol: :lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hunterfarmer , .... When you have a good day with whatever cartridge you were using then as a starters stick to that cartridge then when things are not going so good you cant then blame the shells you are using.

Next only take on the shots you feel capital of hitting to boast your confidence up, and once you have mastered them move up a scale. GOOD LUCK

Thanks for the encouragement because alot of people told me I should go for course's and the like but why bother? I know a guy who's a cracking shot so when he comes out with me I'll have to up my game! 😂 I'll enjoy it! Going to buy a net off ebay and ssuggestions for what I should get? I already have the hide poles! Thanks again for the encouragement I think I'll keep going once I buy more cartridges!

After 30 years of inconsistent shooting, I booked a lesson. I wish I'd done it years ago.

I suggest that you do the same. You will NEVER regret it.

I have always had a good singing voice, but my adolescent bravado meant I didn't want to be seen to be trying too hard and never took lessons.

As others have said, some instruction (if just to rein in bad habits) is a Good Thing.

LS

I shot a flight line once at the top of an escarpment and the pigeons were coming up and over it high on a 35mph wind ...my shoot to kill ratio was well over 1 in 12 but boy was it the most exhilarating shooting ever. Both barrels fully choked 34g of no 5 .... I wasted half a case of cartridges for a handful of birds.

I've shot tons most years for the last 20 odd years, sometimes several times, but always remember that day with great fondness.

Go back to basics im guessing as you have shot ok with the gun historicaly its something like a fit, Look at the obvious first AMMO.

Pattern it as oldpigeon poper says it could be you could metaphoricaly drive a coack and horses through the voids in the pattern, It wont be the sole reason why you did so bad but its a contributor if you can confirm this it will help pattern it at 40 yards.

Cloathing your not wearing just a tea shirt when normaly you wear a jacket .... Think about this again not a sole reason to fail but can contribute.

Now this is last but i dont think least and thats ....YOUR CONFIDENCE>>>> you perhaps wereinitialy not totaly focused, had other things on your mind were tired whatever you know better than me but think was this the case?

Now once you start missing you need to get proactive getting angry frustrated just leads to more missing, You can start to feel many different emotions none of them possitive.

What you need is possitive vibes no negative vibes, confidence is king it really is get stuff in place.. Like look at that pattern .....

Man nothing can live in there ;)

You know the gun fits you have used it years just get everything else you can right on the game and go with sellecting shots you like say left to right crossers or going aways approachers whatever go with those you do better on , get some conections ...kills under your belt, your confidence will soon kick back in once you start conecting, your just stressing out wasting time destroying what confidence you ever had doing zero good at all.

If your in company not nessasarily hostile company but direct competition, type company just flat ignore every coment, you need to focus on what your dooing stop fretting up, it will come good there is a reason your not a beginer you have done things before, we all have off days start missing how you handle this with your mental attitude can be a deciding factor here, you took it bad and it just grew into a nightmare.

Do as i say pattern get that bit right, then build off that use it as a foundation, for reconstruction your confidence. In my opinion confidence is a very overlooked aspect of any kind of shooting.