Treat me gently....

ditchman

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the last pic is what i need help/advice with....it is the block at the end of the spring chamber.....i have removed both locking screws but cannot unscew it.....AM I MISSING SOMETHING.....its soaking in parrfeen / oil....just dont want to put to much torgue into it until i know what im doing...

any surgestions...

post-11401-0-77595600-1473255671_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-78409900-1473255686_thumb.jpg

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: SORTED :yahoo:

managed to find what was holding it together...it was another pin ..."a pin within a pin" ?? the build tolerances are so fine i couldnt see it...all the parts the burrs have been removed and i havnt cut myself once.....very nicely put together...

post-11401-0-22674000-1473263944_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-58209800-1473263959_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-64510700-1473263972_thumb.jpg

Cracking gun! I had one from new around 1989. Not sure what ever happened to it..... :hmm:

For a springer, it shot really well and was accurate enough.

I couldn't quite afford the Khamsin, with a thumb-hole stock.

To my shame, i also had the Air Arms "Jackal High Power". I loved it at the time, as it looked like the SLR.

You were lucky to get that! Should clean up nicely, and plenty enough power for rats. :good:

that will be a little beauty once its restored, when putting it together just use the tiniest of silicone grease on any moving parts just enough to put a very thin film on the metal,do not cake it in the stuff but leave the piston,

it will shoot superb once rebuilt

right i have figured out where everything goes 'cept one small fat "o" ring....i think it comes from the trigger mechanism as a rebound rubber...I THINK...

anybody with any ideas ?

Too long ago for me to recall that ditchman. Sorry.??

Link to the exploded view of parts. May help???

http://spares.bagnallandkirkwood.co.uk/air-arms-sidelever/

Edited by jam1e

Ditch you are a mechanical genius. In the meantime with all this going on I hope you aren't over run with rats from next door.

havnt seen a rat in the last week ....must have got wind of what im up to...................mind you im going to trim them bloody jackdaws out before they block my chimney up..

that will be a little beauty once its restored, when putting it together just use the tiniest of silicone grease on any moving parts just enough to put a very thin film on the metal,do not cake it in the stuff but leave the piston,

it will shoot superb once rebuilt

do i put any silicon grease onto the piston seal ....or will that slow it down..........what about grahite powder ...any good ?

Put enough silicone grease on the spring just to evenly coat it all over and even less on the moving parts. A 'smidgen' is the correct term. Don't use anything inflammable inside the chamber or the gun will ignite it by compression, commonly called 'dieseling'. Your local gun shop or online retailer will supply the correct lubrication for the trigger assembly.

Looks like a nice project and well worth the effort.

I'm not familiar with that model, but I would think that the 'O' ring would fit inside the cylinder at the barrel end. Regards the grease, the moving / touching surfaces will require a light film of grease, so the piston seal and any bushes (can't see any) plus the cocking mechanism will need some light greasing. I don't do triggers so can't advise on that.

right ordered up the special grease and powders..........so they will arrive 2 moz...........

so if it fires good i will be looking for a better scope than the one i have at the moment............

still trying to find out where that o ring goes.......in the trigger assembly

Edited by ditchman