B725

kingo15

Quick question to those whom have a B725 S3. What BAR is this proofed to? I cant find a stamp on the barrels and also bit confusing that it's chambered for 2 3/4" & 3", surely then it's simply 3" chambers...

No problems with rust and loving this gun (got the adjustable stock version)

I had a look @ a 725 recently and I can honestly say Browning are now scraping the bottom of the barrel quality wise the old 325 425 & 525 far better build quality.

Of course you do realise all the models you quote are not made by browning but made for them to a price so quality will be a way down the list

Of course you do realise all the models you quote are not made by browning but made for them to a price so quality will be a way down the list

Yes I do know the 325 425 525 & now the 725 are not true Brownings but made by Miroku (Japan) that's all I quoted the material quality & build is really poor on the 725 compared to the previous models.

Edited by blackbird

My first gun was a new 725 sporter, still wish I had it.

However kingo15's 725 black edition wasn't fit for purpose as it rusted faster than the titanic. He's my shooting partner at shoots and I know how much he loves his browning 525, so when he bought the 725 it was his pride and joy very nice bit of timber on it as well he takes care of his guns for sure. I'll be interested to see what the outcome will be.

Edited by Will Poon

• 5 weeks later...

Quick question to those whom have a B725 S3. What BAR is this proofed to? I cant find a stamp on the barrels and also bit confusing that it's chambered for 2 3/4" & 3", surely then it's simply 3" chambers...

No problems with rust and loving this gun (got the adjustable stock version)

My 725 pro trap certificate says 1320 bar, no problems with rust, though bottom firing pin broken on a 2015 model.

• 1 month later...

I bought a B525 12bore 2 years ago and no rust to be seen and my gun is cleaned every time I take it out. Fast forward to a fortnight ago and I bought a second in 20bore and have gone over it and cleaned it with no signs of concern on either!

So both stand side by side and I will report any findings but I don't foresee any issues !

ATB

Matt

I bought a B525 12bore 2 years ago and no rust to be seen and my gun is cleaned every time I take it out. Fast forward to a fortnight ago and I bought a second in 20bore and have gone over it and cleaned it with no signs of concern on either!

So both stand side by side and I will report any findings but I don't foresee any issues !

ATB

Matt

Thanks for that.

I too have owned B525s for a number of years with no issues.I would be surprised if there were big issues with the black B725s but am seriously considering buying tonight so thought I'd check on here.

I shot 2 lines of skeet with it yesterday - shot 20 on the first line and straightened the second. As a result I'm pretty keen!

Why not use Renaissance Wax to protect both the woodwork and metalwork? No problems with a stock having issues with being wet, nor do finger marks affect the metal using this stuff

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Renaissance-Micro-Crystalline-Wax-200/dp/B0015F2GEM/ref=sr_1_1/255-4779656-5007653?ie=UTF8&qid=1480857075&sr=8-1&keywords=renaissance+wax