Cheap Cabinets on Ebay

Lloyd90

I got one from eBay, around £180. The workmanship isn't great but the locks are fine and you'd certainly need some tools to get into it without keys. The best security is it's location and positioning on the wall etc Without spending some serious money I expect the time taken to break into mine and a slightly more expensive version would be pretty much the same.

just me, don't like the look of the lock mechanism inside door, fill with guns, shut door, locks hit stock, damaged guns.

Oddly enough I started a thread on here about these cabinets not so long ago, and got pretty positive opinions. I bought one for £59.99, which is of course very cheap. When it arrived it was dented, and loosing a bit of paint. They gave me a discount of £20.00, which to be honest I was satisfied with.

What annoys me about it is that the keys have to be left in when you open the door, and secondly the point mentioned above - you can put the guns in muzzle up but muzzle down they foul on the massive locks, and you will end up scratching your stock I fear. All in all I wish I'd bought a second hand Brattonsound.

Edited by throdgrain

If you have genuine concerns over the locks hitting your stock simply buy a bigger one - besides, you're not going to constantly bang the door against your gun are you? surely as you close the door and feel something obstructing it you don't just bang it shut?? I bought one similar to the OP's example but a 7 gun with lockable ammo section - came with bolts, floor padding and foam divider as well as 4 keys - looks v.nice with a pin stripe around the door and has passed the legal requirements - it was about £140 from memory and I am delighted with it - why pay Brattonsound prices? p.s. if the locks are difficult to operate (as often mentioned on cheaper cabinets) - simply file/stone the sides of the key :good:

Edited by bruno22rf