White (grey) Squirrel

Teal

Have any of you seen a white (and its not a true albino as it doesn't have pink eyes) squirrel, this is a photo of a white squirrel which I am sure is a grey, it was taken last week somewhere in England. Whilst we talking of this have any of you seen any white woodpigeon or white crows/jackdaws, I shot a jackdaw with several white feathers but never a true albino although from my reading I remember hearing they do indeed exist and are "relatively" common in England.

13411_28650.jpg

There are two white squirrels in the woods, by the Upnor Castle car park, in Kent.

I have seen them, almost every time I have parked there.

I,m sure they are grey squirrels, that just happen to be white.

A bit similar to the all black wild rabbits.

I have seen an almost white blackbird and crows with white feathers, but not totally white.

Teal,... I saw a white (Grey Squirrel) in Gloucestershire in 87 It was an old un with many scars from territorial battles I could have shot it easily but It had got so far with an obvious disadvantage I could bring myself to do it.

I have at the moment a crow locally with a fair proportion of white feathers in the wings and on the back and when I was a boy there were several blackbirds over 10 or so years which were predominately white... These beacame quite famous locally but appear to have died out now.

FM

Near a farm I use to shoot, there were lots of white pigeons.

Every afternoon they would fly round and round in formation.

Then go and sit on a little house, stuck up on a pole, in someone,s garden.

They would sit there preening, spreading their tail feathers and cooing.

Very frustrating. :rolleyes:

Sounds like someones pet pigeons/doves to me mate :D

Yeah I have seen that one before, I doubt many will have complained about the shooting of the birds - showed they were cooked etc... However!! The shot wasn't safe, there was no safe backstop if they missed, a lot of people who shoot did complain as a result of this!! I do like that program though, anyone see the time he sold all the "bunnie burgers" :rolleyes: He made a packet IIRC.