Patrol

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi 6.5 x 55 SE

I've been looking around for some 70 grain BT, apparently they shoot as flat as a pancake

Can't find any hereabouts

Can I ask what propellant your using and barrel twist of your rifle and the 10000 dollar question how do they group

Cheers

Patrol

I'm a .22-250 man personally, I used to use .243 but found too much "boom"

Currently running a Archer Gen3 but soon will be running my own front mount tubed unit.

I went all in on .243 as a fox rifle had a custom done in it, what a dissapointment, it was accurate but i just found no advantage over the middlestead 22243, i just passed it onb and went back to the .22250 and if i think i need more just usethe 2506 etc.

Hi 6.5 x 55 SE

I've been looking around for some 70 grain BT, apparently they shoot as flat as a pancake

Can I ask what propellant your using and barrel twist of your rifle and the 10000 dollar question how do they group

Cheers

Patrol

Personally I've never seen a 70gr BT .264 projectile.

Powder is Swiss Reload RS52

My Rifle has been rebarreld from. 25-06 to 6.5x55 with a Begarea ( spelt wrong ) i think 1.9 !!!!

It shoots 80gr to 140gr ragged hole if i do my bit

Personally I've never seen a 70gr BT .264 projectile.

Powder is Swiss Reload RS52

My Rifle has been rebarreld from. 25-06 to 6.5x55 with a Begarea ( spelt wrong ) i think 1.9 !!!!

It shoots 80gr to 140gr ragged hole if i do my bit

Why did you rebarrel it from 25-06?

Why did you rebarrel it from 25-06?

Had shot a .25-06 for 38 years absolutely rate the Calibre 75gr V-Max for foxing and Park Culling. 120gr Muntjac to Big lowland Red. Was shooting 250-300 Deer as season + Park Culling. Gave it all up now only shoot a few Deer and fancied a calibre change nothing more and certainly nothing to do with the .25-06.

If i went heavy culling again I'd buy a .25-06 in a Heart Beat

Had shot a .25-06 for 38 years absolutely rate the Calibre 75gr V-Max for foxing and Park Culling. 120gr Muntjac to Big lowland Red. Was shooting 250-300 Deer as season + Park Culling. Gave it all up now only shoot a few Deer and fancied a calibre change nothing more and certainly nothing to do with the .25-06.

If i went heavy culling again I'd buy a .25-06 in a Heart Beat

I need to pm you if you don't mind.

Hi 6.5 x 55 se

I sold some reloading gear to a guy in Hampshire and he had been using 70 grain heads for quite a while apparently in his 6.5 , there is a load sheet available from one of the loading manuals, ive seen it somewhere

I've been looking for the 70 grm BT but had no luck. - so far

Be a good exercise if I can get some, that are accurate, my initial thought was the bullet weight is a tad light for the old swede, I'm still on the lookout Lol

Patrol

have been out a few nights with a great bloke of here fox shooting. he has been using my 243 and is relatively new to cf shooting. but has still been shooting well with it. i plan to organise a night out with another mate i do most my shooting with and he has tikka 595 in .222. i will be interested to see which one he prefers.

Hi 6.5 x 55 SE

Cheers

Patrol

Yes mate I've load data for 70gr but never seen any advertised V-Max I believe are 85gr and Nosler BT 95gr.

If you manage to find any please let me know 👍

Just took delivery of a new 222, run it up with 50 rounds over two days clean and shoot clean and shoot, factory Ammo and its shooting a ragged hole, grassed three foxes with it so now it's good to go, out tonight to start, seen five foxes only one with a shot on, grassed that, so now it's bunny bashing for the rest of the evening

Patrol

What's the bang like from a 22-250?

I currently use a .308 and .22lr, wouldn't mind bridging the gap between the two, with less noise and flatter trajectory. But .223 trajectory seems too close to the .308 to warrant buying another whole gun.

Grandalf

You made me larf.

I tried the 22-250 quite a few years ago, didn't have mods then, I'm still looking around for the phone even now. Lol

Joking apart it's a serious long range foxing rifle, I don't think it's got any limits

Patrol

Worth getting on top of a .308 then? Dedicated for foxing, in particular night time work.

Grandalf

You made me larf.

I tried the 22-250 quite a few years ago, didn't have mods then, I'm still looking around for the phone even now. Lol

Joking apart it's a serious long range foxing rifle, I don't think it's got any limits

Patrol

My Tikka is my preferred rifle for NV foxing - That's for sure.