Duck Shooting Lough Neagh N. Ireland - Today's outing

Big Al

Hey AL a question for you.

I never shot in ireland, but my grandad went there in the 1930s said it was awesome shooting he went to a shooting spot he called..

Culpin or colpin marshes i never saw the name wrote down, but remember him telling me like it was yesterday. He was well impressed with that place at that time, he was reminising this to me as a boy in 1971 he died in 1972.

I never forget what he said and that name i know no irish wildfowlers and was wondering if you knew where my grandad was talking about.

:yes:

Thanks Ollie - yeah that type of thing sickens me. They a wild bird and we should only be taking a surplus.

Absolutely, too many boys going out slaughtering birds with no respect for the wild population. Fair enough if they are releasing birds, but not if it puts future population in jeopardy.

Hey AL a question for you.

I never shot in ireland, but my grandad went there in the 1930s said it was awesome shooting he went to a shooting spot he called..

Culpin or colpin marshes i never saw the name wrote down, but remember him telling me like it was yesterday. He was well impressed with that place at that time, he was reminising this to me as a boy in 1971 he died in 1972.

I never forget what he said and that name i know no irish wildfowlers and was wondering if you knew where my grandad was talking about.

:yes:

Sorry Tony. It doesn't ring any bells. If you even knew a county it would help. I'll ask around - there a few other guys from Northern and Southern Ireland on here too. Maybe they could do the same?

Quoile (pronounced coil) marshes -co down? Very famous at a time. Peter Scott painted one. Just a thought.

Or Culfin in Co Galway?

This could take a while!

It will be that at galway i dare bet it sounds pretty close to me and as i said it was verbal deliverey and a hell of a long time ago too from a very old mans lips. :yes:

Cheers im happy with that al filled a gap mate . :good:

That was some nice shooting. The dog seemed to love the work. Do ye have much of a problem with poaching

Thanks.

Ted is a retrieving machine! It is all he wants to do morning noon and night!Not a massive problem with poaching but it's always there. It's annoying when you have paid for the shooting but you'll always get a bit.

Nice video, also a very nice shot at 3:40

Thanks for sharing

Terry

Thanks Terry. I was pleased with that shot! It was a mallard and fell dead.