How to Smoke Woodpigeon

srspower

Great video, if only more folks realized how tasty smoked pigeon was.

I only ever hot smoked pigeon but I'm keen to try your cold smoke first method to compare results. One question if I may; how much difference does resting the smoked product for a few days affect the product? I'm not organised enough to plan that far ahead, I just smoke and scoff ASAP!

One tip if you fancy a change is to smoke over dried Bay leaves, but just let your neighbours know what your doing thought as it smells like a massive herbal party!

How long, and at what temperature was the final step in the oven?

It was 90 degrees I put all the info in the video description.

This looks fantastic. Really must get round to trying out some smoked meats

You definitely should, you can do all kinds of stuff even mussels with mozzarella cheese on them ;)

Woodpigeon as is taste great but so going to have a go at this method!

I have always liked Woodpigeon but not any more than many meats but this method transforms it completely. So far Woodpigeon has smoked better than anything else my Dad has put in there.

Edited by srspower

I enjoyed the video, the father and son banter, the interesting smoker arrangement, the enthusiasm and the fact that you were going to offer the farmer some. I did however take a sharp intake of breath when you described the first batch out as 'like leather'. Your father would have done the same.

I enjoyed the video, the father and son banter, the interesting smoker arrangement, the enthusiasm and the fact that you were going to offer the farmer some. I did however take a sharp intake of breath when you described the first batch out as 'like leather'. Your father would have done the same.

I didn't mean it in a bad way! But yes I can see how that was a bit cheeky! Once the season starts I am going to try smoking Pheasant crowns, my Dad says it comes out pretty well.