Must have flies for this time of year?????

ferretfan123

Marston is a trout puddle. Forget traditional fishing and just pull some lures or bloodworm imitations. Walton Hall should really be a tench water. It is too shallow and holds too much weed especially in late season. The Wharfe at Newton Kyme holds some good trout and there are some good stretches further upstream near to Bolton Abbey. Also, other local rivers such as the Aire and Calder are worth a try.

Marston is a trout puddle. Forget traditional fishing and just pull some lures or bloodworm imitations. Walton Hall should really be a tench water. It is too shallow and holds too much weed especially in late season. The Wharfe at Newton Kyme holds some good trout and there are some good stretches further upstream near to Bolton Abbey. Also, other local rivers such as the Aire and Calder are worth a try.

hello, PLUS 1 nothing beats some nice autumn river fishing :good:

Out yesterday on a local two lake site, water was gin clear, very slight breeze, weather was pretty cool, managed two on the tiniest home made black buzzer on a very very slooooooow retrieve over five hours

My eldest lad whitewashed me last time with a 4 to 1 thrashing

I've Turned the tables at last, yesterday he stayed on a variety of Montana and hares ear and scrambled one at the last minute, my youngest lad, Lost two apparently, don't know what junk he was using, he's a secret squirrel when it comes to flies.

They definitely wasn't the easiest to hook into, but a cracking day out with my lads, finished off with a pub lunch which apparently the days winner always pays for, it's a new rule apparently. ??????

The old man is back in the running Whoooooopee.

Edited by Patrol