What's your job?

Sussex gardener

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently dealing with hairline cracks in Hobnobs.

i had heard that hairline cracks in hobnobs was becoming a serious issue , only yesterday at the midland gamefair , i overheard a couple of guys talking whilst stood at the urinal , i clearly heard one of them say " if you want yer crack fillin , wymondley is yer man" you must have a very good name in crack filling circles. :good: .

i had heard that hairline cracks in hobnobs was becoming a serious issue , only yesterday at the midland gamefair , i overheard a couple of guys talking whilst stood at the urinal , i clearly heard one of them say " if you want yer crack fillin , wymondley is yer man" you must have a very good name in crack filling circles. :good: .

I am a man of many talents.

A dab hand with a delaminated Bourbon, and you should see what I can do with an off centre Jammy dodger!

How far back to go!

Ex Senioor Consultant for Retek

Ex Head of Tecnology for Tesco - Loyalty and Head Office Systems

Ex Practice Director for Retail Enterprise Systems - Cognizant

Soon to be Director of Oracle Retail Programs - Cap Gemini

Part time furniture dooer-upper ( would never call myself a restorer or anything so grand)

Further back:

Landscape gardener

Bar Man

Con Mans stooge (he got nicked, quite right too!)

Zero hours contracted shop worker

Admin Manager

Menswear Manager

Lighting Manager

General dogsbody!

Ladies Bra Measurer - trained but didnt get a lot of practical experience at work!

Still prefer to be out shooting or with my dogs than any of the above but they pay the bills!

Edited by AlistairB

Farm worker and agricultural contracting, including grave digging.

Then motorcycle despatch rider. This took me to about 21 yrs old, then a few years in a rubber seal factory in Ross on Wye.

Then 19yrs as a film producer(plastic shrink film), then left the production dept and now run the warehouse, a lot nicer in the warehouse no production politics.

Oh and have done several tours of "nam", there was the tour of Cheltenam Jan 2016, two Saturday's done in one month, I've told the wife I can only take one a month since that ordeal. And don't get me started on my tours of Birmingnam. :)

Mick

How far back to go!

Ex Senioor Consultant for Retek

Ex Head of Tecnology for Tesco - Loyalty and Head Office Systems

Ex Practice Director for Retail Enterprise Systems - Cognizant

Soon to be Director of Oracle Retail Programs - Cap Gemini

Part time furniture dooer-upper ( would never call myself a restorer or anything so grand)

Further back:

Landscape gardener

Bar Man

Con Mans stooge (he got nicked, quite right too!)

Zero hours contracted shop worker

Admin Manager

Menswear Manager

Lighting Manager

General dogsbody!

Ladies Bra Measurer - trained but didnt get a lot of practical experience at work!

Still prefer to be out shooting or with my dogs than any of the above but they pay the bills!

Did you ever find something you were any good at ???

As I've mentioned before, I'm self employed and flit between Passivhaus building/erecting, and decorative painting such as fitted kitchens etc, and when I'm not doing either if those, I do what I love most, and that is produce fine art.

I am currently living the dream as I am taking part in Open Studios in Cumbria.

It is an annual event throughout September, where Cumbrian artists open their studios to the general public, and this month I am taking part with seven other artists on the upper floor of an award winning restaurant. I sit at my easel and paint all day, surrounded by my displayed work and that of the other seven artists. Me and six women and one other bloke.

Fine art, good food and the company of women;

to me, it doesn't get much better than this.

Edited by Scully