Peas and Barley Stubble

pigeon controller

"Over the years we have been shooting we have built up a log in our memory bank of where the birds will be at certain times of the year. We also keep in touch with our farmers via text if they see birds as they know we will take them away in the disco. We always turn out if requested even if we only shoot for an hour to prove the birds are not present."

Even so, it is still remarkable, given the fields had already been shot. And though you know the flightlines there is always the chance the birds won't be there, weather will be poor, someone else shooting.....you still manage fantastic bags... it is quite a feat.

"Over the years we have been shooting we have built up a log in our memory bank of where the birds will be at certain times of the year. We also keep in touch with our farmers via text if they see birds as they know we will take them away in the disco. We always turn out if requested even if we only shoot for an hour to prove the birds are not present."

Even so, it is still remarkable, given the fields had already been shot. And though you know the flightlines there is always the chance the birds won't be there, weather will be poor, someone else shooting.....you still manage fantastic bags... it is quite a feat.

That's why we still have to travel around our permissions , if they are not there we move on. On Saturday the birds had been shot hard but had used a wood next to the barley stubble as a haven I believe thats why we did so well. Friday's field had been shot hard for weeks by BB and many others but I believe hide position and a strong wind gave us the edge. Edited by pigeon controller

I'm just wondering.......

From the time you stopped shooting until the time you drove off the field, how long does it take to pick up, lay out, photograph and then pick up again 405 pigeons ?

It could be a quiz question for us lesser mortals here on PW.

Amazing dedication and bag once again!

Never timed it , just pick up , place out, picture and pick up again.

J Dog do you get jealous of this man ??

I do not post to make any person jealous, just to inform people that it is possible to achieve results by putting in the time and effort. If you are fishing a pool with no fish in it you will never catch fish. If your permission does not attract pigeons find one that does. In the past we have found birds on clover and obtained permission to shoot and never shot the farm again as the birds are not present.

It is I who should be jealous of this mans boyish charms who has been forced to grow facial hair to make him look older, a country estate and a lovely wife. He is the quintessential English Gent.

The butler told me that he is paid below the minimum wage tut tut, like Sports Direct.