Refugee crisis - step change needed

ElvisThePelvis

A hot potato, but having watched thousands protest in London around this made me wonder whether the protestors would accept refugees in their homes and accept full responsibility for them, Including fiscal

Underwriting for perpetuity and if so perhaps this is a solution.

It is clear that there is a radical solution needed to this humanitarian disaster and a strength of feeling amongst many who I admire greatly if their conviction is genuine.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A hot potato, but having watched thousands protest in London around this made me wonder whether the protestors would accept refugees in their homes and accept full responsibility for them, Including fiscal

Underwriting for perpetuity and if so perhaps this is a solution.

It is clear that there is a radical solution needed to this humanitarian disaster and a strength of feeling amongst many who I admire greatly if their conviction is genuine.

Quick answer - no they probably wouldn't, some may. But most would not.

the question was asked about 6 mths ago to ..two senior members of the church of england as to them practicing what they preached and making space available in the houses for migrant/refugee's

one answered ...well they both answered (very sheepishly)...."our cultures and religion would conflict" and the other one agreed and muttered under his breath.."and my wife has just had the kitchen done".................

The world is over populated and it only going to get more so. There is an understandably strong urge to migrate from the poor countries to the richer countries. There has to be a line drawn in the sand otherwise will be full up with people from 'developing' countries to way beyond carrying capacity in no time. The line should have been drawn in about 1956 but now is better than never.

Tut-tut! It is not a Refugee 'Crisis' it is 'Uncontrolled Immigration' according to that nice Mrs. Merkel anyway. :rolleyes:

The Slovaks, Bulgarians and Romanians don't want uncontrolled migration unless it is by their people to the UK. And they are saying that they will bock any EU trade deal if that is threatened. I wonder what the German, French, Italian and Spanish industrialists will think of that? No trade with the UK means mass unemployment across Europe.

the question was asked about 6 mths ago to ..two senior members of the church of england as to them practicing what they preached and making space available in the houses for migrant/refugee's

one answered ...well they both answered (very sheepishly)...."our cultures and religion would conflict" and the other one agreed and muttered under his breath.."and my wife has just had the kitchen done".................

Indeed. A certain Mr Clarkson asked the last Archdeacon of Canterbury to practise what he preached and open up the vast ( and mostly unused) churches to the homeless. I don't think he received a reply.

Surely the human race must continue to grow to the limit of resources, food water and materials but including land . The growth will be limited by the availability if those resources. Those resources are distributed unevenly and we either co-operate to make best use of them or continue to compete. If we choose only competition at some point the distribution of those resources will not always be in our favour. A mark of humanity must be tolerance and sharing for those less fortunate than ourselves.

Successful civilisations come and go. When our competitive position is lost then we too could be the future refugees.

Maybe someone can shed light on the situation in the Mediterranean?

Hundreds of thousands of Africans making their way to Libya and hopping into little boats, being "rescued" by Navy vessels etc and then being delivered to Italy. Surely that is just helping to make the situation worse? Word will reach other economic migrants that the Europeans will bend over backwards to help them so the numbers will increase.

Why not return all those picked up to Libya?

I think that most of this problem is down to all of the western countries first tacking there oil and other things and instead of making shore that the money goes to help the people whose land it came out of we give the money to nasty dictators.

Who in turn abuse there own people so they rebel as any one of us would but this leads to civil war and another lot of bad people take over that so we say oh dear we must drop some bombs on them.

This in turn only makes everyone annoyed and we all end up killing each other so the pore people who for the most part was just trying to live there life in peace think what the hell lets go and live in Europe where they do not have to put up with all of this ****.

I have an idea what if each so called developed country was to take on one underdeveloped country like an apprentice and do everything that we can to make life better for the people who live there that is the only way that this problem will ever be fixed my thoughts for what they are worth.

I think that most of this problem is down to all of the western countries first tacking there oil and other things and instead of making shore that the money goes to help the people whose land it came out of we give the money to nasty dictators.

Who in turn abuse there own people so they rebel as any one of us would but this leads to civil war and another lot of bad people take over that so we say oh dear we must drop some bombs on them.

This in turn only makes everyone annoyed and we all end up killing each other so the pore people who for the most part was just trying to live there life in peace think what the hell lets go and live in Europe where they do not have to put up with all of this ****.

I have an idea what if each so called developed country was to take on one underdeveloped country like an apprentice and do everything that we can to make life better for the people who live there that is the only way that this problem will ever be fixed my thoughts for what they are worth.

That's a unique way of thinking, it makes sense. That means it would never happen.

Maybe someone can shed light on the situation in the Mediterranean?

Hundreds of thousands of Africans making their way to Libya and hopping into little boats, being "rescued" by Navy vessels etc and then being delivered to Italy. Surely that is just helping to make the situation worse? Word will reach other economic migrants that the Europeans will bend over backwards to help them so the numbers will increase.

Why not return all those picked up to Libya?

Catch 22. The sheer number of people being drowned making the crossing prompted the western countries to put some naval vessels in the area for humanitarian reasons. Then of course the refugees realised that all they had to do was to get rescued and they would automatically be entered into 'the system'. So now the problem is much worse.

Catch 22. The sheer number of people being drowned making the crossing prompted the western countries to put some naval vessels in the area for humanitarian reasons. Then of course the refugees realised that all they had to do was to get rescued and they would automatically be entered into 'the system'. So now the problem is much worse.

That's why they should be returned to Libya, our humanitarian ethics are sending out the wrong signal.

As I see it the problem with sending them back is where to as they may have arrived through Libya or Turky but from what I have seen they are coming from all over north Africa and beyond .

One of my thoughts was could we not make a safe aria that we guard in Syria or Iraq there would seem to be plenty of space to build camps perhaps something more permanent than tents.

From what I have seen of it on TV most of the towns are just there for no real reason so build them a new home and leave them to run it we had our base in camp Bastion why did we not just leave it instead of pulling it all down.

As I see it the problem with sending them back is where to as they may have arrived through Libya or Turky but from what I have seen they are coming from all over north Africa and beyond .

One of my thoughts was could we not make a safe aria that we guard in Syria or Iraq there would seem to be plenty of space to build camps perhaps something more permanent than tents.

From what I have seen of it on TV most of the towns are just there for no real reason so build them a new home and leave them to run it we had our base in camp Bastion why did we not just leave it instead of pulling it all down.

Send them back to where they set off from! Then that country realising they're not just passing through will also stop letting them in.

Watching sky news last week they had reporters on a boat just off the Libya coast, they were picking up people from rafts and then sailing for over 24hrs to drop them off in Italy. Surely it would have been easier to sail the 30 minutes back to Libya.

The interesting thing was also that most of the people rescued weren't from north Africa but from east and west africa including one man from Nigeria who after spending 15 years travelling through Africa decided he now wanted to go to Europe.

all a leader in a country has to do to cut the population andget rid of ethnic minorities is to start a civil war like syria and the displaced people become refugees we take them in problem solved .but these people do not go and fight or return after the conflict to rebuild they stay

The problem is it is all to simple for us to sit on our comfortable arm chairs in our nice worm houses doing our nice well paid jobs to say to these people just go home and get killed or raped or worse while we continue to sell guns and bombs etc to the despicable people that our western owned oil and ore companies choose to give the money that they get for the oil etc but hell why the hell should we care I wonder what it showing on my 48" wide screen colour TV tonight.

We do not have room ! we are a small island, our infrastructure will not cope, I for one do not want this country swamped with those that have nothing to give but wish to take !!....better they sort their own country out.

Its easy to say we have no room but what is the alternative? You would rather they die on the way, or returned to be killed? I guess we hope they could be returned to some where safe :) even if we don't know where it is or how to do it.

The problem is it is all to simple for us to sit on our comfortable arm chairs in our nice worm houses doing our nice well paid jobs to say to these people just go while we continue to sell guns and bombs etc to the despicable people that our western owned oil and ore companies choose to give the money that they get for the oil etc but hell why the hell should we care I wonder what it showing on my 48" wide screen colour TV tonight.

I think most of the people are financial migrants? If they are not, then are the majority of the migrants, who are 18-30yrs old males, really leaving the woman and children at home to get killed or raped or worse??

Edited by silver pigeon69

The problem is it is all to simple for us to sit on our comfortable arm chairs in our nice worm houses doing our nice well paid jobs to say to these people just go home and get killed or raped or worse while we continue to sell guns and bombs etc to the despicable people that our western owned oil and ore companies choose to give the money that they get for the oil etc but hell why the hell should we care I wonder what it showing on my 48" wide screen colour TV tonight.

Hopefully there's a show on about using commas, full stops and complete sentences wey hey lol

I think most of the people are financial migrants? If they are not, then are the majority of the migrants, who are 18-30yrs old males, really leaving the woman and children at home to get killed or raped or worse??

That's the real problem, most of them are not refugees, I don't think anyone disputes that. Edited by Vince Green