Domestic threat accusations- guns taken by police- advice needed

no chance. If I go on hols and take my ticket and leave my guns locked up and keys very well hidden at the same address it's all above board. I'll place a lot of money on that.

Perhaps you should avoid professional gambling as a career, as you are ill equipped. If you read the OP - the wife had access to the keys - they did not appear to be well hidden. People who would "place a lot of money on that" tend to be the same people who heard a story down the pub - all out of touch with reality.

Stop the petty advice and get some from your local Firearms Team. Then get down to the bookies and waste some of your money.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you should avoid professional gambling as a career, as you are ill equipped. If you read the OP - the wife had access to the keys - they did not appear to be well hidden. People who would "place a lot of money on that" tend to be the same people who heard a story down the pub - all out of touch with reality.

Stop the petty advice and get some from your local Firearms Team. Then get down to the bookies and waste some of your money.

I gave no advice. Just pointed out your talking tripe.

Thanks for the replies, I shall try to answer some of the questions raised;

For clarity;

I have an idea about who may behind the call, not that it matters now, but my wife has confided in her family and friends about our recent arguments, and Also the 6 week old one where she thinks I stated I would shoot our cats. This is the most likely explanation as to why the caller waited 6 weeks to make a call and quoted verbatim what my wife had charged me with saying. My wife is the one who has repeated the line; you said you are going to shoot our cats- she has done so to the extert that she now believes herself and has convinced other of this- hence why I know its likely to be someone she told. Either that or we have a neighbor that is intently listened to our ever word over a period of several months- impossible!

I don't feel my wife wanted this outcome, in fairness to her, as she has had panic attacks about it and is now worried about the effect on our 3 year old daughter, and the ensuing social care visit that she feels is imminent!

Her motivation for making me out to be a car killer are selfish and done to generate a sympathic effect to those who listen to her. I belive some one has taken her too literally, or she's just laid it on a bit too thick with the wrong person who has believe her unconditionally and acted on this.

I know I did not make such a threat as I'm very careful about what I say- I get paid a good salary as a well respected professional to be accurate in my communications using specific words and language appropriately often on the behalf of cabinet ministers (although you can tell I cannot spell for ****!); So I'm no fool, I wouldn't b comfortable saying something that I wouldn't like to be held to! My choice of words during our argument were specific, exacting but non binding in there nature. And I never mentioned or insinuated about use of shotguns in any heated conversation otherwise I would only have my self to blame for this situation. But its not PW I have to convince of this.

With respect to the keys- in all fairness my keys were hidden and my wife was directed by the police to search for them- she did not know their location until she spent time looking hard for them. I have check the legalities of this point with basc who are confident no laws have been broken.

I can appreciate now why the officer may not have returned them to her as she is not permitted to have acces to the weapons, now or the possibly of her acces in the future, should the guns be returned to me. I will check with the officer to make they aren't lost.

On the point about taking my cert with me when visiting my parents up north- as a previous post eluded to - my parents live in a remote rural area where on route I can choose to drop off at a good number of gun shops in my quest for specific ammunition for my goose shooting- heavy loads not being readily available in my own local or at least not unless I buy in bulk which I don't need. If I see something I like or need I buy it.

I also appreciate my wife has done me no favours in mentions the drink and stress, I could react to this and take certain action that will effect her financially but this would only effect my daughter too which I don't wish to do.

And once again a thread has degenerated into petty squabbling,

Knock it off!!!

To the OP,

You have done the right thing contacting BASC

Only you and your wife really know what has gone on and I'm afraid you won't find the answers you want on here,

I would suggest however that you are in it for the long haul now in getting your guns back

:shaun:

Thanks guys, she is willing to amend the confomation she gave to the police about what I supposedly said regrading shooting the cats- she is unsure of what I did say ( probably beacuse she didn't hear me say it) and that is enough to provide doubt / contraindications over the issue- basc inform me this will help me, not least because it's the truth- but I'm less convince the police are interested the truth.

It's a totally mess tbh: that a domestic, no violent non threatening, argument between a husband and wife has resulted in some serious consequences, initiated by those that should have kept a more balanced view on what there were told / heard. (Her family / friends)

Btw I totally understand why the police took the action they did, as they cannot safely tell rumor from fact- I just hope they can see the genuine truth that I'm telling them and not seek to remove my cert for quick wins.

Will update u on the outcome once know.

The keys should not be left where someone else can gain access to the guns.

from the BASC website;

You should ensure that you keep the keys to the cabinet in a place where they can’t be found easily. Remember that YOU are responsible for the security of the guns, and letting people who do not have a certificate (including family members) know where the keys are, is NOT taking reasonable precautions to ensure that they don’t have access to the guns.

were the keys found "easily" :hmm:

How are the police going to know that your wife is changing her statement(regarding the cats) because

she has remembered it differently or because she has been coerced into changing her statement by you ?.

BASC will give you a better idea of your chances after the interview, Good luck.

Exactly, mine is in my wallet and with me at all times, even though the guns can be miles away, locked up.

Very odd remark.

My licence is normally with me, in fact I am taking a trip to London soon and my licence will come with me. Thinking about it I take it on just about every holiday I go on. You never know what you mind want to buy.

Hopefully you get sorted fella and im sure BASC will help you every step.

Some strange thinkings regarding your key,guns and license arrangement imo.

My certificate is 99% of the time kept in the motor,whilst the guns are 99% of the time kept in the house,along with the keys which are in a place where they are not easy to find.

Someone mentioned putting one on their motor key ring because "then there are never a pair without you" must live in a different house from me.I hang my car keys up,and 99% of the day are not in my personal possession and if the missus wants that car for the day she will.It would surely mean hiding that car keys,and i lose the car keys enough without having to do that.

My certificate is 99% of the time kept in the motor,whilst the guns are 99% of the time kept in the house,along with the keys which are in a place where they are not easy to find.

Someone mentioned putting one on their motor key ring because "then there are never a pair without you" must live in a different house from me.I hang my car keys up,and 99% of the day are not in my personal possession and if the missus wants that car for the day she will.It would surely mean hiding that car keys,and i lose the car keys enough without having to do that.

:stupid:

It'd not rocket science. When your car keys are hanging up. You are likely to be in the house. If the wife borrows your car, she won't be in the house.

People way over think cabinet key safety.

It'd not rocket science. When your car keys are hanging up. You are likely to be in the house. If the wife borrows your car, she won't be in the house.

Lol.

I could be 1001 places whilst my car keys are hanging up.

And then the wife has possession of one key to the cabinet,and can therefore lose that key,or get one cut to dastardly get into the cabinet.

People way under thing key safety.

Edited by sako751sg

Lol.

I could be 1001 places whilst my car keys are hanging up.

And then the wife has possession of one key to the cabinet,and can therefore lose that key,or get one cut to dastardly get into the cabinet.

People way under thing key safety.

So you leave your house unlocked? My car keys also have my house keys and cabinet key.

Lol,you need to stop this.

Please explain why i leave my house unlocked just because i have left my car keys at home,although i think the answer will be well worth another lol!

I explained it in my post.

Usually someone's car/house (let's just call them keys) go everywhere with them as they use them to lock their house when they're out.

I am surprised that you don't understand this. I can't tell if you're thick or just being awkward by making up examples of how this simple solution wouldn't work. I'll try to give you the benefit of the doubt though.

The fact that the police were able to access the ops cabinet by finding keys is not going to look good. If he had one key on his keys this wouldn't have happened.

I explained it in my post.

Usually someone's car/house (let's just call them keys) go everywhere with them as they use them to lock their house when they're out.

I am surprised that you don't understand this. I can't tell if you're thick or just being awkward by making up examples of how this simple solution wouldn't work. I'll try to give you the benefit of the doubt though.

The fact that the police were able to access the ops cabinet by finding keys is not going to look good. If he had one key on his keys this wouldn't have happened.

Lol,you delivered.

Thats me out,shouldnt be laughing in a serious thread as this.

As said,hopefully the OP gets all in order and sorts the issues between him and the missus too.

but then you can't have access to your guns if ya wife takes the key. And you know the old saying, wife out guns out . Lol