Domestic threat accusations- guns taken by police- advice needed

He didn't give a reason: I offered that he may not have wished for my wife to have keys to a cabinet that may hold guns in the future as being why he took he action he did- he didn't confine or denie this idea.

My wife said they were looking to take carts too but couldn't find them.

To be honest I don't understand why if they thought I was going to shot my self, and as the Feo said this'll was a primary concern, they didn't come to my house first- why go to my wife's place of work first? In now a bit sceptical about the police motivations / what they are now telling me I'm actually being accused of.

Lessons to be learns about the keys though

Dayvo I assure you its very real- I wish it wasn't!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must admit i'd never carry the cabinet keys about, far more chance of them being lost or more likely laid down/hung up at back door.for anyone to see

Did think once about buying a safe for the keys but seen how easliy opened some of the cheaper safes are and then u have access to all the guns safes, no point in having a top end BS kite marked gun safe and storing all the keys in a cheapy safe,

Personally i split the keys up and hide in the house so even if u find 1 key it will only get u access to 1 lock/cabinet so u still have to find the rest.

Even carrying the keys on u if there all together it sort of makes a mockery of storeing ammo (or bolts) seperately as all the keys are together. If ur getting burguled i doubt most would spend the time to look for safe keys esp if all split up, doubt many would actually look for a gunsafe in first place

If ur getting burguled i doubt most would spend the time to look for safe keys esp if all split up, doubt many would actually look for a gunsafe in first place

Mine is big green thing in the corner of my bedroom in plain view covered in Browning stickers, (Visited and approved by police on numerous renewals including firearms licence)

:shaun:

So the initial allegation from the anonymous caller was that you threatened to shoot cats AND you threatened to shoot yourself AND you had a gun lying about on the table?

Then your wife sticks the boot in agreeing with the cat allegation then helpfully adding you are stressed at work and drinking and pointing out the empties in the garden?

THEN they find an extra gun in your cabinet?

THEN they say they have some "smaller allegations to investigate first"?

Call me a cynic but there's something not right about any of this. :hmm:

Walshie you have summarise the events as I understand them correctly.

I have no reason to tell u anything other than what I have been informed. If it sounds odd to u guys spare a thought for me- I'm having to defend against this changing position.

I have an idea about who and why all this has come to a head. I suspect my wife is still not throwing straight die, as she knows who is responsible for the anno call and why they are able to give details of events only a few people know about. Basically i suspect she has fed the anno this info over the last 6 weeks and our recent argument has been the tigger point for the anno caller to take action.

This is my conclusion. But I will know more once I'm interviewed.

gin steady shooter.

as an outsider looking in , it looks like your life is in a right mess at the moment , having your guns removed from the situation is probably a good thing for you right now , give yourself time to tidy up the rest of your family problems before you worry about your guns , you can get them back later when things are calmer.

im speaking as a friend and not an enemy mate.

Mel b3,

Thanks that's probably one of the best bit of advice posted. Will the police hold the guns for me or give a period of time to seek improvement in my home life first? Is this something they offer / request? Or do they just either give u the guns back or crush them?

My guns are worth a fair bit of cash so if it's all or nothing I'm going to fight to get them back.

Mel b3,

Thanks that's probably one of the best bit of advice posted. Will the police hold the guns for me or give a period of time to seek improvement in my home life first? Is this something they offer / request? Or do they just either give u the guns back or crush them?

My guns are worth a fair bit of cash so if it's all or nothing I'm going to fight to get them back.

you can get a friend who holds certs to move them to an RFD or get an RFD to collect them to store ir worst case senario sell at commision or buy them off you.

If RFD collects you arrange it woth your FEO,you send a letter to RFD they call FEO and arrange to collect with your letter of concent in hand.

A friend you could sign them over to him to keep in his cabinet.

Edited by Davyo

you can get a friend who holds certs to move them to an RFD or get an RFD to collect them to store ir worst case senario sell at commision or buy them off you.

If RFD collects you arrange it woth your FEO,you send a letter to RFD they call FEO and arrange to collect with your letter of concent in hand.

A friend you could sign them over to him to keep in his cabinet.

this is the correct advice , things can change if you get charged with an offence and convicted though.

i sincerely hope that it all blows over and life returns to normal for you mate.

Cheers lads, it's perhaps not as terminal as I first thought- personally I don't see me getting cert back soon. It all circumstantial evidence but I'm sure it will hold enough water to convince the Feo that I shouldn't have access. Really annoying that his could happen over conjecture and rumours, allegations without substance- not my idea of justice!

Cheers lads, it's perhaps not as terminal as I first thought- personally I don't see me getting cert back soon. It all circumstantial evidence but I'm sure it will hold enough water to convince the Feo that I shouldn't have access. Really annoying that his could happen over conjecture and rumours, allegations without substance- not my idea of justice!

Unless you get legal representation i dont think justice will come in to the decision whether you get the guns back or not, it will be a back covering decision by the police methinks, in saying that i sincerely hope everything works out for you

Edited by AULD YIN

Just on where you keep your spare key: last year I was told here, on this forum that I'm paranoid because mine is not kept in the house, it is locked away somewhere else, where is 24/7 security. Can't tell where. Also in the house, the room is always locked where the cabinets are. So, even to see the cabinets, You have to break down a door. Paranoid? Or called reasonable precaution?

I'm very concerned that they went to your wife's work ? Picked her up to go home and remove your guns, whilst you just so happened to be away ? (Is that correct?)

I'd be surprised if it wasn't more to do with your wife than you believe and sounds like there are some serious issues!

Personally I'd leave as it sounds like some real problems, outside of the gun issue. I certainly wouldn't want such a poisonous person in my life!

😀 Nephews cabinet is huge also, with Beretta stickers all over it!

I know of people who go to great lengths to hide or disguise their cabinet,

I can sort of understand it but don't, if that makes sense,

All the rules say is that you have to have a regulation cabinet, (actually mine is listed as non standard as it doesn't have a makers name on it)

They don't say it has to be hidden or look like part of the furniture?

My choice of location was based purely on wherever made it easier for me to access the guns,

Lloyd90- you are correct in your assessment of he series of events

I think my wife has more knowledge than she is shared with me.

Either she told them or she has told her for end a number critical but of the puzzle and then have called police.

Too many small details that could only have come from her one way or another.

I think my wife has with not told me what has accuratly happened/ what she said to them when they approached her too, she keeps letting extra bit of information drip feeding to me that she hasn't said to me bite for.

I'm totally paranoid about who, and confused about exactly what issue post to have been said and occurred since.

Going to speak to basc again today to we if they can advice me in what the police have a responsibility to tell me when allegations are made against me.

Everbody has arguments to some degree but to take away your guns on the grounds that it's alleged that you would shoot the cats seems OTT IMHO. Leason there for the lot of us, dont even say owt to do with guns in jest.

On a side note regarding spare keys, the Police who came around for a visit whilst I was getting my SGC, asked where I'd put my spare safe keys, when I said I couldn't tell him that he said it was incase they ever needed them! I still declined to tell him.

Edited by Pugs

I know of people who go to great lengths to hide or disguise their cabinet,

I can sort of understand it but don't, if that makes sense,

All the rules say is that you have to have a regulation cabinet, (actually mine is listed as non standard as it doesn't have a makers name on it)

They don't say it has to be hidden or look like part of the furniture?

My choice of location was based purely on wherever made it easier for me to access the guns,

I thought the guidance mentioned "Out of sight of casual visitors" or words to that effect. Not that I can be bothered to check. :)

Getting a divorce and staying single?

When I went thru my divorce I handed my guns in to a RFD they were there for 6 months..just didn't want them in the house as I new the x mother in law may have said something to get me in trouble... the day my divorce came thru and I moved into my new house that I bought I collected them again..it's better to be safe than sorry.

Gin you can send in a freedom of information request to the force asking for every scrap of info they have on you. They will redact certain things like names of accusers etc but they have 40 days to respond, it's up to a half million pound fine for not responding. We've just had a big furore over something and now all agencies are being contacted for FOI requests so that we can exact full blown legal recourse on the people that caused all the hassle and upset.

Just as an aside family law now means that both parties are not entitled to legal aid unless there is a history of violence, speaking to a copper a few weeks back he confirmed that they are seeing a significant increase in fraudulent domestic violence accusations so the aggrieved party can get legal aid. And a solicitor told me a fortnight ago that she has 5 men on her books in custody battles who have been falsely accused of sexual assault/rape halfway through a custody case for similar reasons. And even better than that when its proved to be false the CPS won't prosecute for wasting police time incase it puts off genuine victims of violence/assault/sexual assault or rape.