Pinewood today.

Jega

What a busy day it was today down at Pinewood ,many many shooters getting in some last minute practice before the start of the season next week.

Plenty of dogs getting a day out as well ,absolutely brilliant atmosphere all round along with plenty of good friendly banter .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went up today. Didn't arrange to meet anyone, thought if I ran into someone I knew I could have a wander round with them, or failing that I'd just potter around the sporting on my own. As it happened a mate of mine pulled into the carpark just as I arrived. Had a quick chat and a cuppa then took a leisurely stroll round the sporting. Given that I haven't shot for a while I was pleasantly surprised with how well I shot. As always there were a nice mix of targets, some pretty easy and a few very tricky. Especially enjoyed shooting the rabbit across the lake.

Then back to the clubhouse for a cuppasoup before having a quick blast on the compak (easy version). Nailed a respectable 22/25 but did have a couple of silly misses.

Had a throughly enjoyable afternoon. Will definitely be back there in the very near future.

It's a good ground. I don't go very often as I'm a trap shooter however every now and then I pop over. Last time I went I got talked into a go on the compact and ended up with a rather rubbish 19/25. As I was walking away feeling rather sorry for myself at such a poor score two blokes came up to me and said well done mate. Feeling a bit confused at why they were laughing then then went on to tell me that I shot the hard version. By Christ there are some stiff targets on that. Haha

It's a good ground. I don't go very often as I'm a trap shooter however every now and then I pop over. Last time I went I got talked into a go on the compact and ended up with a rather rubbish 19/25. As I was walking away feeling rather sorry for myself at such a poor score two blokes came up to me and said well done mate. Feeling a bit confused at why they were laughing then then went on to tell me that I shot the hard version. By Christ there are some stiff targets on that. Haha

That's a very respectable score for the hard version. There are quite a few very, very good shots who come to the ground with the sole intention of shooting that compak. It really is challenging. It's a long time since I gave it a go. I may have to have a bash next time I go up, see how much I've improved.

• 4 weeks later...

Park lodge is local to me, prob nearest sporting practice ground but i hardly go. #i do feel its expensive, hit and miss with no birds and the brews are dear. Without doubt they are the goto facility for the towers. They have started a once a month sporttrap but its £8 dearer than rufforth plus the extra on the food/drinks so i cant see a reason to go. I do take first timers/friends there as i like the learning area.

Pinewood is a good site with plenty of variety people are nice as well.makes sence if your from scunny to go there you won't be disappointed good cafe to.

Pinewood is a good site with plenty of variety people are nice as well.makes sence if your from scunny to go there you won't be disappointed good cafe to.