****** Mice

scotslad

In my opinion a cat is a waste of space and needs feeding and vets fees and spend more time killing our young songbirds, where traps don't, other than a smear of peanut butter

You neglect to mention the added benefit of having them plough and fertilise the lettuce patch? :lol:

It always makes me laugh we spend good money putting food out for birds who poo all over are cars and washing hanging on the line but when that same food attracts mice and rats they cannot wate to start killing them with traps and poison its a funny old world we live in.

Its much the same with plants some we regard as being flowers to be coseted while another is regarded to be a weed that must be killed and burned in the bomfire unyet in fact they are both just plants mostly do no or little harm.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

It always makes me laugh we spend good money putting food out for birds who poo all over are cars and washing hanging on the line but when that same food attracts mice and rats they cannot wate to start killing them with traps and poison its a funny old world we live in.

Its much the same with plants some we regard as being flowers to be coseted while another is regarded to be a weed that must be killed and burned in the bomfire unyet in fact they are both just plants mostly do no or little harm.

Must admit i'd rather not kill them at all, but there far too much potential for them to cause damage. They ate me chainsaw primer bulb 2 years ago

If anyone has any top tips for scaring them or feeding birds so the mice cannae get to it, open to any ideas

3 up so far on the whole peanut bait, not bad since lunch time! Including 1 in the work van

You'll either have to trap and kill the mice or live with them. Get a small plastic tool box from Wilko's and two of these mouse traps or similar.........

http://www.ratbait.co.uk/snap-e-mouse-trap-751-p.asp

Screw the traps into the box, side by side, facing the same way, and not touching. Drill two holes in the back of the box just above the hinge of the traps. Fasten a long tie-wrap around the larger bar of the trap, the one that will kill the mouse. Take the end of the tie wrap over the smaller bar, the one that lock into the trigger plate, and through the hole. Drill a 1" hole in both sides of the trap furthest away from the front of the traps.Then glue or screw pieces of 1" x 1" or similar suitable wood to direct the mice to the front of the traps. smear some peanut butter in the cup of the trap and also on the side of the box at the back of the trap. Close the box, pull the straps until you hear a click and the trap is set. Put it alongside a wall so the tabs of the tie-wraps are outwards and the holes of the box are next to the wall.

Check the traps simply by looking at the tie-wraps. You can put a tab of electrician's tape on to make that easier. If a trap or traps have been activated you can take the box to a suitable place and empty the casualties just by tipping the box to one side and pulling the tie-wrap to release the trap. Then reset and replace. No need to touch the mice or mess about with the traps. Click and set! Replace the bait every week or so.

You can make larger versions with bigger traps for rats.

We have used them traps for years and I think they are better than the little nippers or the trex but that's the info I would of given to,you must be a pestie just like myself as you can tell from all the other advice given.👍

Must admit i'd rather not kill them at all, but there far too much potential for them to cause damage. They ate me chainsaw primer bulb 2 years ago

If anyone has any top tips for scaring them or feeding birds so the mice cannae get to it, open to any ideas

3 up so far on the whole peanut bait, not bad since lunch time! Including 1 in the work van

The thing that anoyed me when I was feeding the birds I put the food up high so that other animals cannot get to it and the birds instead of just eating it they scatter it all over the place.

Its the same thing with putting water out for them to drink and bath in and what is the first thing that they do get in to it and do a good poo why would they want to do that i would not have thought that poo flavoured water tasted that nice.

Its the same thing with putting water out for them to drink and bath in and what is the first thing that they do get in to it and do a good poo why would they want to do that i would not have thought that poo flavoured water tasted that nice.

They probably do it to neutralise the chlorine in the tap water.

Seriously they get rid of the waste products and replace with fresh. They don't have too much room in their little bodies, they don't even have room for a bladder so they don't wee. ;-) they just poop they waste products.

I now that birds aparently cannot have sex properly as male birds do not have willys that is why they mount the female birds so many times they just shoot the sperms in the rite direction and hope that some of them will find there way in well that is what they said on the telly.

I now that birds aparently cannot have sex properly as male birds do not have willys that is why they mount the female birds so many times they just shoot the sperms in the rite direction and hope that some of them will find there way in well that is what they said on the telly.

That's how I do it. Lol