More about Moderating.

Hodmedod.one

OK, as Mods seem to be a popular topic at the moment, I would like to raise a couple of points.

If there is a vacancy for a Moderators position, why isn't it advertised on here so that anyone can put their name forward if they are interested?

If several people were interested I am sure it could be decided democratically.

I have nothing against Axe or Deadeye Ive but it seems rather strange for someone to be just "given" the job when others may be interested in it. (I cannot comment on HD or Cranners as they have been moderating since prehistoric times :lol: ).

Whenever any Moderator for any reason deletes a post (or thread) I think that they should have to leave a reason for the deletion in place of the item.

For example-

Hodmedod.one's post was removed by Henry D as it's content was offensive.

It is most annoying to get part way through a thread and read a comment about a previous post that doesn't make sense. You end up going back through it all to see if you have missed something and then find out that something has been removed without any explanation being posted in it's place.

Don't be shy Mods..own up and put your name to your actions. :good:

Hodmedod.one,

I know what you mean mate but.....................

Cranfield was one of the first mods on here, the other one being the legendary Ernyha, he knows full well what the position entails and how to deliver it impatially, and does so IMHO

HD is just a young pup that was put up for approval by members of PW, no offence H but you are new :lol:

When there is a delition, I am under the impression that a mod contcacts you and asks if you would like to re-consider your post in the interest of PW.

I can see times where this is not possible though and a mod would delete a obviously inflammartory post for the well being of the site.

Of course the individual would be ****** right off and if he or she choose to take the public debate form of compaint which can start all sorts of cack, remember the recent 'mods' thread?

The only way to avoid the blank bits and know the full story of a thread is to stay on-line 24/7 and believe me it gets boring very quickly :good:

Please don't take this as having a pop Hodmedod.one

LB

PS. btw i dont have my tongue up anyones dirtbox i just tell it like it is :lol:

Hodmedod.one,

I know what you mean mate but.....................

Cranfield was one of the first mods on here, the other one being the legendary Ernyha, he knows full well what the position entails and how to deliver it impatially, and does so IMHO

HD is just a young pup that was put up for approval by members of PW, no offence H but you are new :oops:

When there is a delition, I am under the impression that a mod contcacts you and asks if you would like to re-consider your post in the interest of PW.

I can see times where this is not possible though and a mod would delete a obviously inflammartory post for the well being of the site.

Of course the individual would be ****** right off and if he or she choose to take the public debate form of compaint which can start all sorts of cack, remember the recent 'mods' thread?

The only way to avoid the blank bits and know the full story of a thread is to stay on-line 24/7 and believe me it gets boring very quickly :lol:

Please don't take this as having a pop Hodmedod.one

LB

PS. btw i dont have my tongue up anyones dirtbox i just tell it like it is :lol:

No worries LB :good:

I appreciate that there will be occasions in our whiter than white PC world when a post/thread needs to be edited/removed. My point is, there should at least be some notification left in the items place stating who removed it and why they did so.

An example...

Quite a while ago now some dipstick made a comment in a thread about shooting cats. I replied and said that his comments were innappropriate for the forum and would bring our sport into disrepute. If my memory serves me correctly, I also reported the comment to the moderators.

The dipsticks post got deleted. There was no trace left of it. As a result of this, the comments that I made criticising the dipstick made no sense whatsoever and made it appear that I was slagging someone off for no reason. I then had to contact the mods and request that they remove my comments also (which they did).

A simple removed by/because would have made all this unneccesary.

I know I had a choice whether to read this or not, but can we all drop the moderator thing.

It's spoiling what would be a very informative and friendly forum.

We are all gentlemen and as such lets forget the scuffles shake hands and get on with it. :good:

I know I had a choice whether to read this or not, but can we all drop the moderator thing.

We are all gentlemen and as such lets forget the scuffles shake hands and get on with it. :good:

I wasn't aware I had been involved in any "scuffles" with anyone recently. :lol:

If you don't think that I am entitled to voice my opinion, please feel free to kiss my ***. :lol:

I feel a scuffle coming on :lol::lol::oops:

But sometimes it is best to get it all out in the open rather than let it build up.

I would rather it was all discussed now, lines drawn, fits thrown and who is left on here after the dust settles is happy to be here. (Until the next time ofcourse!)

We are all gentlemen and as such lets forget the scuffles shake hands and get on with it. :lol:

I wasn't aware I had been involved in any "scuffles" with anyone recently. :D

If you don't think that I am entitled to voice my opinion, please feel free to kiss my ***. :lol:

I feel a scuffle coming on :lol::oops::lol:

:good::lol:

In fact Cranfield once resigned as a moderator over a disagreement over moderation. It was he who put Erns name forward as a moderator. http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...ic=2088&hl=

I must say though the few posts I have had deleted the mod has had the good manners to email me and tell me why.

GOD I LOVE THIS SITE ( wipes a tear from the eye as emotion sets in once again)

seriously though, i think it speaks volumes for "Will and the team" the fact that we can and do openly discuss the site's rulings and enforcers.

in or out of agreement is a matter of choice, it would be a boring site otherwise dont you think, long live "choice and debate" "rules and reg's" someone has to cross the line once in a while just to cause a ruckas, who watches a race withoput waiting for an accident??

Martin

Pigs nipples Pigs nipplesPigs nipplesPigs nipplesPigs nipplesPigs nipplesPigs nipplesPPigs nipplesigs nipplesPigs nipplesPigs nipplesPigs nipplesPigs nipplesPigs nipplesPigs nipples

Not sure if I've got time to understand this has it's saturday night and I'm off out for a pint .(read last response in other section ) :blink:

:blink:

GOD I LOVE THIS SITE ( wipes a tear from the eye as emotion sets in once again)

seriously though, i think it speaks volumes for "Will and the team" the fact that we can and do openly discuss the site's rulings and enforcers.

in or out of agreement is a matter of choice, it would be a boring site otherwise dont you think, long live "choice and debate" "rules and reg's" someone has to cross the line once in a while just to cause a ruckas, who watches a race withoput waiting for an accident??

Martin

:blink: at the end of the day if you want to buck the system you will get pulled.

put a few of my jokes on here that disappeared :lol:

i like this site a lot if you need to to ask a question about hunting or other country factors this is the site.

sometimes you get help with your spelling :lol::no::P

Hod

having read your post are you saying you'd like the role .

Let's say you did ........have you made your intentions known to Admin ?

This to my surprise has been offered to me and i have no wish to start a keyboard aided verbal slagging off contest but the absolute basis of most shooting forums is that they are free to join ,moderated by unpaid people who have passion for the sport of shooting and DO NOT KEEP MEMBERS tied in if they feel they are hard done to and prevent them going else where .

Let's move on

Hod

having read your post are you saying you'd like the role .

Let's say you did ........have you made your intentions known to Admin ?

This to my surprise has been offered to me and i have no wish to start a keyboard aided verbal slagging off contest but the absolute basis of most shooting forums is that they are free to join ,moderated by unpaid people who have passion for the sport of shooting and DO NOT KEEP MEMBERS tied in if they feel they are hard done to and prevent them going else where .

Let's move on

Hod

On reflection I could take the easy option and edit or remove this response all together has it was made on the heat of the moment and is more abrupt than i intended it to be has a result of a very long bad day .No offence on my part is intended

I'd like to say to everyone let's all count to 10 and start a fresh and see what happens going forward from here .

Make no doubt about it i'll know if I'm not suited to this role and will act accordingly by removing myself from the team .