norfolk sea fishing

bazzashadow

I was hoping everyone had forgot about this post :lol:
It all started with my son and I having the same week off work and him saying "can we go bream fishing on the broads"
I said yes but would like him to have a go at beach fishing as well
My mistake :oops:
I know I needed some new line so on the way home from bream fishing I nipped in the tackle shop and brought some line and a couple of rigs.
Got home had tea then started to get my old gear out.(not been out for about 3 years)
I then needed a new reel and a new tip eye for one of my rods
So up and out to tackle shop in the morning
New eye and reel and off we went towards Cromer, This was because on the Monday the missus and I had gone to waybourne for a look and a bloke was catching bass and flattys and my missus had spotted a sign for fresh bait at Cromer.
Right stopped at Cromer and got some bait £16 then off to waybourne
Got there and to my horror car park was £7
Paid that , then walked over the top(should of done that first :no: )
It was a 22mph east wind
Set up, got the boy to cast out and by the time the slack was wound up the bait was on the beach covered in weed
Tried again and once more

spoke to someone else on the beach and he was in the same boat,
so packed up And went home
Going to try again tomorrow wind should drop a bit
Cart gap this time

Edited by bazzashadow

well got to cart gap

tide right in only about 5 foot of beach left and a seal popping his head up looking at me. :unhappy:

drove round the coast and ended up back at waybourne where I had a chat with an old boy before paying for the car park this time.

he was just leaving as the weed was pulling everything in.

so gave him my bait and came away.

as I left two other blokes where leaving for the same reason but one had caught a bass and they said another chap was just packing up us he could not hold bottom because of the weed.

I will not give up though, I will be checking the wind next time I take the boy fishing.

does anyone know where to get cheap lug around the Norfolk coast and where to fish and park

thanks

Edited by bazzashadow

well got to cart gap

tide right in only about 5 foot of beach left and a seal popping his head up looking at me. :unhappy:

drove round the coast and ended up back at waybourne where I had a chat with an old boy before paying for the car park this time.

he was just leaving as the weed was pulling everything in.

so gave him my bait and came away.

as I left two other blokes where leaving for the same reason but one had caught a bass and they said another chap was just packing up us he could not hold bottom because of the weed.

I will not give up though, I will be checking the wind next time I take the boy fishing.

does anyone know where to get cheap lug around the Norfolk coast and where to fish and park

thanks

try Charlie Cook Cley for lug ( i new his dad also Charlie) Salthouse might be worth a look, also look on WSF forum