Skoda Octavia scout

sandspider

Thanks ukp, that's useful to know. Doubt I'll be hardcore off roading, but you never know!

Muddy farm tracks and falling leaves are the biggest causes of the crud building up. If it is not checked and cleaned out the EMU can flood if you are driving through heavy rain. I speak from experience :/

• 1 year later...

Hi

I was about to start a thread asking about Scouts and then read this. Very interesting.

I am thinking about buying a used Scout probably 65plate or later to get the 181bhp engine.

Does anyone have any experience with this engine mated with the DSG.

Thanks

evening B391, ive got the 65 plate Scout with the 180 ish DSG engine/gearbox combo. Bought it new when I retired and px'd an 8 year old Freelander 2 HSE for it which while I was working was the best car id owned. Now ive got the best car for me, its got everything the Freelander had but its oh so much quicker, under 8 secs to 60 when you want it to and at the moment its running at 44 MPG as well, tho this years trip to Dartford for the BO I managed 52 there and 46 on the way back (did get caught up in the M1 race track on the way back). I don't do much offroad, wet field or muddy track to shooting grounds mainly but the car has never flickered on either surface, routine maintenance costs seem ok compared to LR. All in all im happy with my choice

Thanks BigH91 that is exactly the type of response I was hoping for. I have a FL2 which I will trade in and I am now semi retired and I will be using mine for muddy tracks, into fields and shooting. Very similar usage.

I have the SD4 auto and only average low 30's at present so anything mid 40's and above is what I need. That's what my wife gets from her Yeti 150bhp 4x4.

Any problems with it ?

Cheers

evening B391, the car I bought was a salesmans runabout so he'd requested upgrades to the wheels 19" and its got the xenon headlights option that turns when you turn etc, they are way way better than the standard LR lights on my old car, for me they reach out further on dip and well, main beam is a revelation on the narrow lanes around here. Hope you get to try an Octavia soon and I don't think you'll be disappointed - a million taxi drivers cant be all wrong ha ha ha and me

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/11/2017 at 11:23, sandspider said:

I did, if you mean me?! Yep, haldex oil every 3 years (depending on car age) and haldex filter either every change or every other change, can't remember which. Better check when mine was done, seller has lost some service receipts...

cheeky question but what did you get and how much ?